remote for the 1800. I wonder if anyone has looked into trying the remote
with the goldwing and mounting the appropriate key,as the keys are
totally different. This set up would be nice and relieves you of just one
more bulky thing in your pockets. Any thoughts? Thanks, Jon

Yellow '03

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
You will have to find a remote/key combo with the same FCC code as the Wing for it to work.

G

·
Either this board or the GL1800.org, had a complete write up on it including how to match the remote to the bike. The Honda Accord remote is about half the cost of the motorcycle one. You just have an extra button I think, not sure.

PaMike

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This was posted over a year ago - but I don't remember which board

If you get a hold of Brian Fenner - he'll be able to tell you for sure.

1) Turn the Ignition switch on - Between one and four seconds, press the trunk "popup" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off. Note: keep the timing between ond and four seconds, too fast or too slow will cause the control unit to lose the stored codes.
2) Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk "popup' button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. between ond and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
3) Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between ond and four secknds, press the trunk "popup" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Bwtween one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch off.
4) Between one and four seconds, turn the ignition switch on. Between one and four seconds, press the trunk "popup" button on the transmitter while aiming the transmitter at the trunk. Leave the ignition switch on.
5) Within 15 seconds, aim the transmitters (up to three) whose codes you want to store at the trunk and press the "popup" button once on each transmitter.
6) Between one and four seconds turn the ignition switch off.
7) Confirm proper operation with the new codes.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Not sure if you got your answer yet, but...

You need to check the back of your remote and there will be an FCC License number or something of that nature. Look at the one on the Honda car remote and make sure they are the same. If my memory serves me, the only Honda car remote that works are the older Honda CRV. The only difference is the picture of the car trunk vs the bike trunk on the remote. I have two CRV remotes as the Honda module can rmember three codes. I have a drawer full of other Honda remotes that do not work with the Wing.

Best,

·
Registered
47 Posts
This new key fob, does it have the lock and unlock built into the key. My riding companion got a new Mini Cooper last month and the key has buttons to lock, unlock, etc. That's neat, does Honda cars also have one like that?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
does Honda cars also have one like that?
Apparently they do, but you must make sure the FCC ID number on the unit matches your bikes remote FCC ID number, if it doesn't...it won't work. The number is on the back of your remote.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
just a note on remotes

ebay usualy has a replacement for the wing in the $ 20 range

its from some car

but claims to work

loren

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Here is an old note I have from my collection:

'99 Honda CRV remote part number is 08E61-S10-1M001 (FCC ID: E4EG8DJ) abt. $53
(Remote available from Honda Parts, part # 538229, about $44.28 )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts