GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many key fobs come with the 2012. Cars usually get two, do the bikes only come with one fob and 2 keys? I only got one fob and 2 keys.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I only got one fob when I picked my bike up last week.

I worry about using it. IT seems to be a hard plastic that will scratch the dash around the key.

I thought I heard other riders had a rubber sleave around the fob. Not ours.

Whose actually using theirs?

·
Registered
225 Posts
My 2012 came with 2 keys and one fob...same as in 2008.

·
Registered
610 Posts
same here,1 and 2; as with the '02
I take the rings off the fob and just carry it loose in my pocket. :shrug:

·
Registered
134 Posts
One of the reviewers said it does not fit the 2012.

Digging up a month old thread -- I know.

I'm that reviewer. It will fit, but the button layout doesn't match the 2012 fob. I've been using the little leather case that WingStuff sells. Works great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How many key fobs come with the 2012. Cars usually get two, do the bikes only come with one fob and 2 keys? I only got one fob and 2 keys.
I got my 2012 last week and only one fob and two keys.... If you look the new 2012 fob is more square and seems to be a lot cheaper quality let's hope it last's ?
The others I have had were more rounded and more substantial i thought:?:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes -- only one is provided...and costs somewhere in the vicinity of $250 to replace, according to my Honda dealer.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I have a spare old-style fob. I tried to program it to work with the 2012, but couldn't get it to work.
:shrug:

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a spare old-style fob. I tried to program it to work with the 2012, but couldn't get it to work.
:shrug:

Did you perform a Rain Dance Ceremony? You must not skip that step -- it's in the service manual...honest.

I'll wait to hear back... :popcorn: lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts