GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you program a key fob for a 2012 gl 1800 and what is the #'s on the back for the fob

·
Registered
969 Posts
Mark, those instructions are very confusing. "2. Between 1 and 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch back to "ON" Between on the transmitter while aiming transmitter at the trunk. Between 1 ant 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to "OFF."" Is it written somewhere else?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Mark, those instructions are very confusing. "2. Between 1 and 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch back to "ON" Between on the transmitter while aiming transmitter at the trunk. Between 1 ant 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch to "OFF."" Is it written somewhere else?
This is from the 2003 Honda Gold Wing Service manual page 20-42:
Transmitter Registration pg 20-42.jpg

·
Registered
969 Posts
Very good, now I know. I have an '09 and have never used the transmitter. It doesn't work. I need to get a new battery for it then if doesn't work I'll try reprograming it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If it came with the bike, you should not have to do any re-programming. Just replace the battery and you should be in good shape.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Although, unless steps have been taken to protect the wiring harnesses positioned with the trunk hinges, the problem may be due to broken wires there. There are many threads here on that issue - just do a search.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Although, unless steps have been taken to protect the wiring harnesses positioned with the trunk hinges, the problem may be due to broken wires there. There are many threads here on that issue - just do a search.
I don't think anyone said anything about there being a problem. The original poster only asked how to program a key fob. There was no mention of there being an issue with the operation of the remote lock/unlock.

·
Registered
969 Posts
If it came with the bike, you should not have to do any re-programming. Just replace the battery and you should be in good shape.
On my '09....I've replaced the battery, followed instructions pressing the lock button, lights don't blink, pressing the lock/unlock buttons makes the lock/unlock work, but not the open trunk function. Following instructions pressing open trunk button I hear a noise, but trunk does not open, no light blink., lock/unlock buttons don't work. I must be doing something wrong. Help!
Mark, I did have to replace the harness to the trunk when I bought it as the speakers didn't work.

·
Registered
969 Posts
OK! It's working as it should now.. I just redid the whole process and bingo, it's working as designed. Lights, horn, trunk open feature, lock/unlock..

·
Vendor
15,871 Posts
I'm having a new web page built and info like "how to program a remote" is getting loaded onto it also. Because I was working with this page last night, I got to read the rest of the info. You'll might want to also. Lots of bad info on various threads regarding how many remotes will work.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the key fob the same for the 2000-2010 as the 2012 -2017 I can not get the one I have to work on my 2013

·
Chard Member
12,666 Posts
Is the key fob the same for the 2000-2010 as the 2012 -2017 I can not get the one I have to work on my 2013
No!

2001 thru 2010 use the same fob

2012 thru 2017 use the same fob

Can’t use early fobs on later 1800’s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts