GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the wireless wasn't working like it used to! I decided to replace the battery and in the process, broke the back in two pieces!

Not sure if it will be covered by warranty, but I know I saw a post in the past of where to buy another wireless remote key fob.

Problem is, I can't seem to find it! Can anyone help!

Thanks

·
15 year Member
6,873 Posts
Fooddum01 said:
Well, the wireless wasn't working like it used to! I decided to replace the battery and in the process, broke the back in two pieces!

Not sure if it will be covered by warranty, but I know I saw a post in the past of where to buy another wireless remote key fob.

Problem is, I can't seem to find it! Can anyone help!

Thanks
When you get the new one, and decide to "open" it , word to the wise... DON'T USE THE HAMMER AGAIN!!!!!

Matt(Ashland,MA) :a13:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Try E-bay. Usually some on there for Honda Civic. Same thing except for the graphics on the buttons.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Fooddum01 said:
... Not sure if it will be covered by warranty, but I know I saw a post in the past of where to buy another wireless remote key fob. ....
Don't know about the Honda Civic... first time I've heard that...

Anyway, try this info...
'99 Honda CRV remote part number is 08E61-S10-1M001 (FCC ID: E4EG8DJ)

Remote available from Honda Parts, part # 538229
http://www.hparts.com/part.html

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Do a search, there have been lots of posts on this.

And some of them mention the honda car fobs that will work (cheaper!)

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
daver said:
Do a search, there have been lots of posts on this.

And some of them mention the honda car fobs that will work (cheaper!)
He won't have to search too far... He'll just have to look at the post above yours! LOL :wink:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well her's the final nail! Honda won't replace the battery back because I replaced the battery and it broke in half. If the dealer performed the work and it broke, It's covered!

Called the local Honda auto dealership and he ordered the back for $1.41. I'm taking the bill to the motorcycle shop and show him how lousy customer satisfaction begins!

Now they can replace the whole darn remote in the spring under warranty!!

·
lightley seasoned member
3,082 Posts
Ok...........I'm sure I missed something, so somebody point it out. Why would it be the dealers fault cause you broke your remote?
Again...........I'm sure I missed something.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
The best prices I've seen on new fob remotes was from an outfit called KeylessRide. They also have key fob remotes for OH garage door openers. I just ordered a couple of those for my garage last week and should be getting them tomorrow or Wednesday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Honda motorcycle dealer looked up the key fob for my 2002 GL1800 and said it would cost $78.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Fooddum01 said:
Well her's the final nail! Honda won't replace the battery back because I replaced the battery and it broke in half. If the dealer performed the work and it broke, It's covered!
You broke it. Why should a dealer eat the cost? You should be happy Honda car dealers will sell you the back only.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
Why not just use the key?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts