GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a 2018 Goldwing and I was given one key fob. Is that all that Honda gives?

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
Just recently bought a 2018 Goldwing and I was given one key fob. Is that all that Honda gives?
Yep, only one. You could trade up for a 2019, they come standard with two key fobs. (Smart Keys) :joke:
Much cheaper to just go out and buy a second one.

:doorag:

·
Registered
750 Posts
my second one from Babbits came in the mail today. did not have time to program it yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my second one from Babbits came in the mail today. did not have time to program it yet.
Took me a few tries to program mine, process is simple, watch the video and make sure you pay attention to the time (where it says wait 15 seconds, make sure it's 15+ seconds). Also use a piece of wire or thin paperclip for the jumper, just jump the light green to the dark green wire, no need to buy the Honda jumper harness.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Took me a few tries to program mine, process is simple, watch the video and make sure you pay attention to the time (where it says wait 15 seconds, make sure it's 15+ seconds). Also use a piece of wire or thin paperclip for the jumper, just jump the light green to the dark green wire, no need to buy the Honda jumper harness.
just called them. they asked for the VIN. is that right? how much did it cost?

·
Registered
43 Posts
just called them. they asked for the VIN. is that right? how much did it cost?
It's 35111-MKC-A01 https://www.babbittsonline.com/oemparts/p/honda/35111-mkc-a01/fob-assy

This is the one I purchased for my 2018 Gold Wing Tour DCT. I left it in my cart and ended up getting an email with eddie10 as a 10% coupon code and used that. ~$100 after shipping/tax.

Ordered it directly online and no VIN needed. I think they were asking for VIN just to verify it's the right key.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got one from my local dealer for $87.49 + tax. No VIN needed. I just showed them the part number.
FOB ASSY.
Item #35111-MKC-A01
It was very easy to program thanks to all the great information on this board.

Reactions: Drgsin

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Thank you mountainwing for the tip about the jumper. While it took two people one to do the work and the other to run the video on a computer.
We got it done and did not have to leave the bike for a day and pay $40.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thank you mountainwing for the tip about the jumper. While it took two people one to do the work and the other to run the video on a computer.
We got it done and did not have to leave the bike for a day and pay $40.
Nice! I was playing both people and it took me about 10 tries. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was running down the I-5 freeway yesterday and I got the low battery in key fob symbol on the dash. It was a big warning and easy to see. I got the bike in March. So 10 months and the fob is close to not functioning. I carry a spare battery so I rode to my Honda dealer to change the battery in case I had issues with the fob and new battery. We checked the old fob battery which is a 3 volt and it showed 2.69 volts. So I checked the replacement battery and it showed 3.1 volts. So a .4 volt drop gives this signal??? Then I bought a new battery at Bi-Mart and it measured 3.5 volts. So it is a good thing to carry a spare battery. I don't know how low the voltage needs to drop before the fob quits.????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts