GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to ride to Key West this spring from NC what would be a good month to go.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
My wife and I have been kicking around going down in February. Never been and kinda looking forward to the trip. :D

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
ANGUS said:
I want to ride to Key West this spring from NC what would be a good month to go.
Let's see, Angus, a month is about 4 weeks.
So, I would recommend you head out about the first two weeks of December.
And try to get back the last two weeks of April.
Yep, that should take care of those 4 weeks. :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
746 Posts
Key West

Anytime from Mid October through the end of April is usually good weatherwise. You may want to check the Key West sites to see when various festivities take place...Like Goombay festival, Fantasy Fest, etc.
And time your trip accordingly to hit, or to miss them.
Prices just about double, and Lodging must be reserved pretty well in advance for a visit during festivities.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The warmer the weather there, the better the prices.Late april, early may is good.I'm going in june.Hot as hell but much better rates.

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
The first half of march..., and that way you can stop off at Daytona for Bike Week ..., all in one trip...

:lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hotel prices just about double from Xmas to the first part of MAY.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Actually Key West is very busy during Thanksgiving.Been there then and don't want go back during that holiday.Not sure about Christmas but new years is busy.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Key West busy during Thanksgiving? I guess "busy" is subjective to some. My idea of busy is shoulder to shoulder crowds with no room to walk on the sidewalks (AKA New Orleans during Mardi Gras or Main Street in Daytona during Bike Week). My past 16 annual Thanksgiving visits were no hassel - no crowds, and able to walk into a restraunt without waiting a 1/2 hour for a table. Always found a parking spot on Duval Street and was able to walk into the Hog's Breath Saloon and get served immediately. To each his own.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The only time KW is as close to busy as you descrbe is during fantasy fest.Then it's not shoulder to shoulder crowds.Just the better guest houses are booked.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts