GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an aftermarket sidestand that (1) has a bigger foot, (2) might be a little more robust and (3) possibly chrome?

Wifey and I rode over to the Flight 93 Memorial last Saturday and they had all of the bikes parking in an area that was covered with a fine limestone.

It was one of those things where you start to get off the bike and hope the kickstand stops sinking before you get the whole way off.

I always carry a kickstand foot in the truck. Its new home is going to be somewhere where I can reach it while still sitting on the bike. Duh?

PS - I did run searches using keywords sidestand and kickstand. Didn't find an answer.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I made my own. I cut a piece of 14 gauge steel the same shape as the original foot but about 1/2 inch larger on all edges and tack welded it to the stand around the edge. Spray painted it black and you have a surface area about twice the size of the original. The extra thinkness of a piece of 14 gauge under the existing stand is insignificent.

Cheap fix and it took about 30 minutes.

Jeff

·
Registered
19,378 Posts
Don't have one but if I did--RIVCO

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have what you describe.Showchrome oversize base chrome made for GL1800.I bought this brand new from another member.Trouble was I have a heel and toe shifter and the kickstand was low under it.Result I scraped in a normal lean.I kept it on for 3 weeks and then put my original back on.If you do not use heel&toe shifter it's great.
I would sell it for $40 plus shipping.$90 new.I can email picture.PM me if of interest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts