GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a '06 ABS with 840 miles on it today. All I can say is the stereo rocks. I've been sitting on it in the garage turned to 25 listening to some Pink Floyd, Deep Purple-Child In Time, Van Halen, and a little Stevie Ray. If this doesn't wobble and sounds this great on the road I'll be a happy camper.

It also has the GPS. I don't have a clue what I'll be doing with that. I don't know if a Old Country Boy and a GPS will mix or not! I've just now figured out all the features on my 8-track I have mounted in the garage. :oops: LOL.... I learned how to turn the GPS off this afternoon. Don't push any buttons when you turn the key on... :roll:

It's about time Honda put a stereo on these things. They have always been whimpy.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Cool Red......what color?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Congrats Red. I love my 06, hope yours gives you many miles of smiles.

Dep

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nothing like a little Stevie Ray!!! Glad you are back in the saddle fulltime! Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Right on Red!!! Glad to see you have another Wing, Now go put some miles on that thing.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
840 miles!?

kripes !!

have fun Red......... oh wait , i know you will!

do not look at the GPS too long at one time!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Stevie Ray Vaughn and the GL1800 throttle are a dangerous mix Red. Be carefull. LOL

Ronnie

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
That was my original assessment of the stereo too Red. I remember a certain electronics guru on these boards scoffing at my description at the time stating something like " everything can be improved on" and I have yet to see the first aftermarket component developed to improve on the set up. I can also attest to the component quality and durability. I have jammed this puppy everywhere I go and sounds as good as the first day. Enjoy!!

Bradford

·
Registered
657 Posts
Great minds

Congrats Red on the new ride, great color (same as mine. Nav, etc...), I imagine you'll still have me beat for mileage by the time I get home in 18 days. I'm very envious.
Enjoy!
Dennis

·
Registered
601 Posts
Congratz Red,
I'll have to look ya up when I get to Tampa in October.

Ride Safely

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Glad to see that you are feeling well enough to get back in the saddle again Red. Maybe we can take in a few twisties again this fall and winter.
Sure would be nice to see you at the BBQ in Hendersonville NC. this coming Friday 22. Take care, ride free.

Shadow1
Hal

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
the 01-05 radios needed improvement

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Red,

When i come down in Feb, I hope you will have migrated to a little "Waylon, Willie, and the Boys"...LOL

Bulldog

1 - 20 of 43 Posts