GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is 7, my boy 5. I'm starting to seek protective gear for them. They are both excited about riding with me. My girl can almost touch the boards so she's almost ready.
I just found a deal on a HJC youth full face helmet and purchased it.
I was looking for kids/youth CE protected jackets but they're tough to find.
I found this and it seems like a good idea. In warm/hot weather they could wear it with a large (one of mine?) long sleeve tee shirt and in cold weather any jacket that would fit over it. I was thinking maybe skate board or similar knee/leg pads and some youth/kids gloves.
I also considered maybe a ladies size XS jacket but this seems maybe a good choice.
Any thoughts or comments before I spend $175 to protect my kids?

Steve

Features

• Alpinestars Youth Bionic 2 Protection Jacket
  • CE-certified child shoulder and elbow Protectors
  • Technical stretch mesh construction
  • Removable CE-certified (level 2) Youth Bionic Back Protector
  • Plastic and foam chest guard
  • YKK semi Auto Lock front zipper closure
  • Adjustable arm and shoulder straps for personalized fit
  • Adjustable dual waist Velcro closure

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
My girl is 7, my boy 5. I'm starting to seek protective gear for them. They are both excited about riding with me. My girl can almost touch the boards so she's almost ready.
I just found a deal on a HJC youth full face helmet and purchased it.
I was looking for kids/youth CE protected jackets but they're tough to find.
I found this and it seems like a good idea. In warm/hot weather they could wear it with a large (one of mine?) long sleeve tee shirt and in cold weather any jacket that would fit over it. I was thinking maybe skate board or similar knee/leg pads and some youth/kids gloves.
I also considered maybe a ladies size XS jacket but this seems maybe a good choice.
Any thoughts or comments before I spend $175 to protect my kids?

Steve

Features

• Alpinestars Youth Bionic 2 Protection Jacket
  • CE-certified child shoulder and elbow Protectors
  • Technical stretch mesh construction
  • Removable CE-certified (level 2) Youth Bionic Back Protector
  • Plastic and foam chest guard
  • YKK semi Auto Lock front zipper closure
  • Adjustable arm and shoulder straps for personalized fit
  • Adjustable dual waist Velcro closure
Hey steve i just went through that with my 9 year old girl...First gear now makes it for kids..Textile jacket..Our local honda dealership has it in stock..I know you are heading down here,for the meet & eat..i will be glad to ride over there with you after lunch if you like..or if you remind me i will pack The jacket in the wing & show it to you at lunch..Just let me know..craig..

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
That jacket looks like it would do the job. Add some skaters gloves and knee pads and you should be good to go.

My son is 12 and is just growing into a womans extra small. He now fits into my wife's Nolan, which saves me having to buy another helmet.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a Meshtex Jacket. It just had foam padding not CE which is why I got rid of it, Hals may work though.
I'd like to get them a good mesh with CE for warm/hot weather then throw a larger jacket over when cold.
mr.scootinn/craig that would be great if you could bring that jacket with you, see you then.

Thanks and keep the thoughts coming

Steve

·
Registered
87 Posts
Check out motocross gear, thay make youth size. Motocross pant come with knee and hip protection

1 - 6 of 6 Posts