GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever posted a step-by-step with photos on installing the Kisan brake light modulator?

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
161 Posts
Ditto.....was wondering the same thing.:shrug:

V

·
0 Posts
I have inquired as to how it can be installed without cutting the brake wiring. I was told that I could unplug the relay and make some connections but until I start I was hoping for some pictures. I will probably just end up cutting the wire...

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
It would depend on which lights you are trying to modulate as to which wire to cut. The four brake lights or the spoiler lights. Kisan makes a modulator for both. The one for the brake lights will not work on the LED spoiler lights. On the brake lights the color of the wire changed from the earlier models to the 06 and up models.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
A very simple and quick install. Under the seat on your model bike is a grey 14 pin connector that has a green wire with red stripe , To make sure you have the right pin connector you can simply unplug it and hit the brake lights. If they are dead, that is the correct one.

Simply snip the wire up away from the pin connector a few inches and put input to and output to the input/output screws, connect the ground wire and run it over to the frame for ground and you have it. Use the velcor and stick the body of the modulator to the fender well.

To modulate the spoiler, yes does take another device , that also simply plugs inline and is a simple install.

Kit

1 - 5 of 5 Posts