GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When installing this unit as specified under the seat,will it also modulate the trailer lights as well?I'm using a 5 wire isolator and was curious.I currently use the headlight modulator and I'm convinced it's saved my life several times!!:popcorn:

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Yes it will modulate the trailer lights. The only way it wouldn't is instead of plug and play, you use the brake light signal upstream from where you spliced in the modulator.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
When installing this unit as specified under the seat,will it also modulate the trailer lights as well?I'm using a 5 wire isolator and was curious.I currently use the headlight modulator and I'm convinced it's saved my life several times!!:popcorn:
Be aware that Kisian modulators only operate a certain number of lights and overloading it will burn it out quickly.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Be aware that Kisian modulators only operate a certain number of lights and overloading it will burn it out quickly.
I am assuming that you are using a brake light isolater for your trailer lights that removes the additional lighting load from the bike wiring harness.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modulator

Yes I'm using the isolator for the trailer lamps.I know Kisan specs. out 6 lamps but wasn't sure if the trailer modulated too.Those lamps are leds on the trailer.Looks like I'll be ordering the modulator shortly.Thanks for the help guys.......jim

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
When I installed my "Back-off, brake light modulator" it was set up for the bike only. When I tied in my trailer to the bike wiring, I did as suggested in one of the posts above and tied it in up stream so, the trailer brake lights don't modulate like the bikes do. I kind of like it that way.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts