GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing this unit as specified under the seat,will it also modulate the trailer lights as well?I'm using a 5 wire isolator and was curious.I currently use the headlight modulator and I'm convinced it's saved my life several times!!:popcorn:

·
Registered
2013 Red GW
5,931 Posts
When installing this unit as specified under the seat,will it also modulate the trailer lights as well?I'm using a 5 wire isolator and was curious.I currently use the headlight modulator and I'm convinced it's saved my life several times!!:popcorn:
Be aware that Kisian modulators only operate a certain number of lights and overloading it will burn it out quickly.

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Be aware that Kisian modulators only operate a certain number of lights and overloading it will burn it out quickly.
I am assuming that you are using a brake light isolater for your trailer lights that removes the additional lighting load from the bike wiring harness.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Modulator

Yes I'm using the isolator for the trailer lamps.I know Kisan specs. out 6 lamps but wasn't sure if the trailer modulated too.Those lamps are leds on the trailer.Looks like I'll be ordering the modulator shortly.Thanks for the help guys.......jim

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
When I installed my "Back-off, brake light modulator" it was set up for the bike only. When I tied in my trailer to the bike wiring, I did as suggested in one of the posts above and tied it in up stream so, the trailer brake lights don't modulate like the bikes do. I kind of like it that way.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts