GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where's a good place to mount the Day Light Sensor for the Kisan headlight modulator? Thanks.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
In the dash, just behind the windshield. The eye hides nicely, yet it is still effective.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I put mine on the left side of the right hand brake reservoir. If you look there next to the handlebars you will see black cable toward the bottom of the reservoir. I just wire tied it there facing up and it has worked since Mar '01

·
Registered
127 Posts
Light sensor

Mounted mine on the RH handlebar forward of the throttle, inside and aft of the brake reservoir. Almost the same as LeRoy's. I find the modulating lights are real attention getters on 2 lane roads. I do get a pulsing sound in the headsets when they are on. Anybody know of a fix?
Good Luck

·
Registered
626 Posts
As others has said, wire tie it to handlebar cables, don't drill holes in your tuperware!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did drill a hole for mine. I put it in the grey piece that surrounds the ignition key. I did a lot of experimenting and wanted maximum exposure to ambient light. There are many places you can put it where it may fail to flash in the daylight because the sensor is obscured from ambient light. The sensor is very small and unobtrusive. I think it looks much more 'custom' than wire-tied (which I really did think about) somewhere on the bike. Being dark gray, I figured if I ever wanted to get rid of it, it would be easy to install a small black rubber plug in the hole - it would look fine. For that matter, you could just leave the sensor in there even if you switch/ditched the Kisan.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I put mine in the same location as ossaman. An easy to get to place that is exposed to the light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts