GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new to me 05 the Kisan headlight modulator is on whether it is on High Beam or low beam. Why is this? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
The important thing is if it stops modulating when the sun goes down.

I think it is supposed to modulate on the low beam, not on the high beam, during the day.

I think that some people have it set to modulate on low beam during the day or the night.

Modulating on the high beam is usually considered bad because that is when you want the maximum lighting.

Most of it depends on your riding environment.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Are the modulators installed on the low beams? It sounds as though they are. I believe they should be installed on the high beams (outside lights). When you turn on the highs, they will modulate.

·
Registered
761 Posts
As said above they sound like they are on the low beams. This would cause them operate all the time. They should be on the high beams (IMHO). This gives you the option of having them operate or not. Mine are on the high beams and I do not use them all the time. Where ever you have them installed they MUST stop modulating at night. That is what the photo cell is for. I believe the law requires the photo cell. A cut off switch is not legal (although some have done this).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts