GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I purchased a Kisan Pathfinder Modulator from one of the Honda dealers. It pays to ask questions before the sale is final which is what I should have done. The modulator was $169.95 plus tax and the dealer wanted $250 to install it. I decided I would do it myself since I have more time than money. I double checked my entire installation before turning on the headlight to check out the modulator. To my surprise it did not work. I gathered the receipt and was going to take it back when I found out (after reading the note on the bottom of receipt) that you can't return the electrical items once you have bought it.

I called the factory Tech support at Kisan and was connected to a very helpful and knowlegeable tech by the name of Andy. He asked me to to do some simple tests which failed to find the fault. After checking the date code on my package and info of where I purchased the unit, Andy said the unit was a 2003 and since my package was not sealed, it was probably a restocked defective unit.
He sent me a new modulator which I received in 36 hours from Colorado. I installed the unit and it works great! Before I even put the Wing back together I called Andy and thanked him for his and the company's support to get the problem resolved. He said they are a small company and don't do much advertising. Well, take it from me, a happy customer, Kisan believes in quality and customer satisfaction. THANKS KISAN! You definitely proved it to me.

On a final note. No noise or whining interference in the audio either. Installation is easily done by removing both pockets and the foot warmer lever.

·
Registered
251 Posts
:congrats:

Great story, glad you got your problem resolved. Sounds like Kisan is a great company to do business with. I've wanted a headlight modulator for several years but hated to pay a high price for installation and didn't want to go to the trouble to install it myself. I've heard that if you don't have small hands you are in big trouble.

What model number did you install?

:cool:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P115W-S-D Path blazer for dual headlights. My hands are not small but by turning the handle bar to the right when installing the left side (slave unit) and using my left hand, I was able to get it done. I did the opposite on the right side.
I mounted the light sensor in the rubber between the Rt. mirror and the fairing.
Some folks have asked about installing a switch to turn them off and on. None is needed. When you don't want to use them, put your lights on low beam. If it is at night the sensor keeps the modulator from working on high beams.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Andy is not just a company tech. He owns Kisan :shock:.
He recently replaced a part on a unit that had failed after the warranty had expired :thumbup:. It was an unusual component to fail :shrug:.
A great person to work with and a real down to earth person that cares abouts his products.
He even explained how to install a switch to turn the modulator on/off on high beams that I did and so did ROCKY.
I think he has the best unit on the market with unbeatable support. Not really a hard unit to install. I think you should notice polarity of each plug prior to installation and keep them the same on both the master & slave units.
I drilled a tiny hole 1/8" centered and forward of the right storage pocket door for the sensor. A press fit.
Ralph

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Your dealer shouldn't be reselling opened goods, unless it's at a discount.

Whenever I see a opened package, I grab a new one.

·
Registered
126 Posts
+1 on Kisans service. Had the same issue on my VTX. He ran me through some tests, it still failed. He sent me a new one the next day.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
It's good to hear a story with a happy ending. I think you'll soon find out, that your Kisan headlight modulator might be worth it's weight in gold. I'm sure without a doubt, it's saved our bacon many times. It's amazing how people are about to pull out in front of you, then they see the lights, & lock up their brakes & wait for you to go by. Of course, you'll get a few simple saps, that think you're a LEO, & pull over, but that's ok too. That way, they're behind you & out of your way. Ride safe!

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
I have both Kisan Pathblazer and Tailblazer products on my bike. I think they have saved my a$$ more than a few times. I highly recommend them to anyone who rides.

·
Registered
7,825 Posts
+1 for Kisan

I've posted on this board before - I have the Kisan's, recommend them highly and I'm a very strong believer in them.

And good customer service also - seems to be a rarity IMO.

·
Registered
931 Posts
FWIW: I give the highest marks to Kisan's headlight modulator, tailight modulator and ChargeGuard unit. Their tire pressure monitor has been a bittersweet experience, however. Andy spent a LOT of time with me, swapping units etc. It works now but is not without some flaws. I would not hesitate to buy another product from Kisan. Both Kisan and Andy are top shelf.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts