GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into the rear light flasher products, what's your guys and gals :D thoughts on these products. Signal Dynamics Back-Off-35.00, or Kisan Tailblazer-60.00,both seem to do about the same thing. Thanks,Randy

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the Signal Dynamics and like it. It a little challenge finding the right wire to splice into on the Wing, but other than that it's an easy installation.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I seem to be in the minority, but I'll give you the alternative I'm in the process of choosing.
http://www.rattlebars.com/chetswing/integrator.html
allows you to have flashing taillights (switch selectiable). The thing I like about it though is that it allows me to have the trunk lights act in conjuction with the turn signals. I'm on the superslab long enough each day that raising the turnsignals to more like cager eye level appeals to me.
Can't recommend it because I haven't put it in yet, but I raise it as an option. There's a demo of the unit on his wing, that's worth looking at.

Also it's only $50.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the Back Off hooked up to just the spoiler. I have it mounted right up in the hump under the liner. Works great, not overpowering while sitting at a light.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I installed the Back-Off unit. Mounted on the fender inner liner and connected to flash only the trunk lights. (No spoiler)
Works quite well, and I have been told that it is very visable. :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I use the Kisan. It provides normal spoiler lighting and flashes bright 5-6 times (when brakes are applied) and then comes on solid. I use simple cutoff switch to kill flashing spoiler if state laws forbid. :D

·
Registered
656 Posts
I have the signal dynamics wired to the spoiler light. Box mounts in the trunk lid and it's an easy install.

Ronnie :yw1:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Brake Dancer

I have the VPA Brake Dancer. To install you have to splice into the wires, but the directions worked well for me. When installing, you have a choice of having it blink up-down (trunk-bags), left-right (left trunk/bag to right trunk/bag), or criss-cross (left trunk/right bag to right trunk/left bag). I also picked up a on-off-on toggle and mounted so that it is in a recessed area in the trunk (out of the way) so that I can flip it to turn the blinking function on or off, just in case I get into a state that does not like you having flashing lights on the bike. The instructions included directions on how to do this and has the proper wires for the by-pass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts