GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

My Kisan headlight modulator has arrived at the Post Office and I will install it tomorrow. I know it's a simple install, I have read the instructions, but I have two questions:

1) the 8 pin connector for the headlight... I located it and pressed it in various directions feeling for a release tab, but it did not come loose. I have seen so many of those connectors, some you push on a tab, some you lift a tab. Is the tab on the top or the bottom, and do you push a tab in or lift it?

2) where are folks mounting the daylight sensor? I realize you can drill a hole in a panel and mount it that way, or just ziptie it to something so it has a view of the sky.

Thanks
Michael

·
Registered
942 Posts
Don’t remember about the tab but I just ran sensor along left side of cowling and simply pressed it into the groves
No issues yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after studying some pictures of the headlight connector, I was able to get it off really easily. You press on the top rearmost part of the connector, that depresses the latch and the front of it lifts up and disengages. Dunno why I didn't find that when I was fumbling around earlier. I think I was pressing on the forward part of the connector instead of the rear part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts