GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help with the parthBlazer Head Light Modulor for meh 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. I have had real good luck with all my electrical accessories working when installed. This device has me a bit frustrated/stumped.

I installed the module and the light sensor as instructed after that I followed the instructions and at 8 am in the morning had the bike outside with sensor exposed at the front brake reservoir. I placed the headlight switch on high beams and quickly turned the ignition switch on and off as quickly as I could and nothing, no four flash confirmation. Tried it many times again, quickly rotating the ignition one off, three time as instructed. Sill nothing. Checked all connections and all are tightly seated.

Started the biker put on high beams and no modulation.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Of course it is Saturday and the company is closed as is Wingstuff.

Thanks in advance for your help or thoughts.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Need some help with the parthBlazer Head Light Modulor for meh 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. I have had real good luck with all my electrical accessories working when installed. This device has me a bit frustrated/stumped.

I installed the module and the light sensor as instructed after that I followed the instructions and at 8 am in the morning had the bike outside with sensor exposed at the front brake reservoir. I placed the headlight switch on high beams and quickly turned the ignition switch on and off as quickly as I could and nothing, no four flash confirmation. Tried it many times again, quickly rotating the ignition one off, three time as instructed. Sill nothing. Checked all connections and all are tightly seated.

Started the biker put on high beams and no modulation.

Any Suggestions would be appreciated. Of course it is Saturday and the company is closed as is Wingstuff.

Thanks in advance for your help or thoughts.

Hope you get it working I wouldnt leave home without mine

·
Registered
506 Posts
I placed the headlight switch on high beams and quickly turned the ignition switch on and off as quickly as I could and nothing, no four flash confirmation. Tried it many times again, quickly rotating the ignition one off, three time as instructed. Sill nothing. Checked all connections and all are tightly seated.
You don't turn the ignition on and off quickly, you turn the high beams on and off quickly. This is only for setting the sensitivity. The instructions tell you to:

Turn the ignition ON, then flick the Hi-beam ON (3) times quickly. You have to begin this routine in the first 2 seconds after the ignition is turned on.

I just plugged mine in and left it set where it was without doing anything.

Make sure you are in enough light to activate the modulation

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Hairball. Thank you for your information. Here is what happened:

Well I did as you suggested and I may have a conflict between the cambus interfaces between the pathBlazer and my Socalmotorgear fog lights.

When I flicked the high/low switch three times my fog lights (which have a strobing function - turned on) and started strobing instead of the headlights.

I will test this by pulling the seat and disconnecting the fog light Socal harness connections, and then activate the pathBlazer to see if the it will initialize. If it does then I will contact Kisan and Socalmotorgear about the conflict and any suggested solution or to see if I missed something.

I know Cruiseman and others have installed these fog lights and should know about this if it is in fact the case.

Regarding your suggestion, the book I have addresses the Sensitivity Programming on the last page. The only reference I see in the book regarding the 3 flicks of he high/low is page 24 "if your bike allows the hi-beam only with the engine running you may have to start the bike in low-beam and then flick to hi-beam (3) times quickly". The Goldwing does allow high beam without the engine running.

Nothing elsewhere on the new Goldwing install instructions on pages 10 and 11 with nothing about 3 flickers other than Sensitivity Programming on page 24. As you mention if one did not want to adjust the Sensitivity Programming then the default would have been chosen by the programming and the headlights should have modulated immediately.

So, three flicks gets me strobing fog light and nothing on the headlights. My fog lamp switch also strobes the foglight when ignition is turned on and the switch is pushed three times rather than the required 5 times.

Working the problem.

Again thank you for your quick response.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Sounds like you have a compatibility issue somewhere as I am not familiar with the SoCalMotorGear fog lights. I have the OEM fog lights and when I turn on my high-beams, the fog lights cut off. I purchased the Plug-n-Play version of the modulator and it shows that the SCMG fog light is also plug-n-play but they don't seem to "play" well together.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I do not have the same bike or the modulated fog lights so I'm speaking out of my ….I mean making educated guesses.

I expect the foglights turn off with high beams and that the three quick on/off cycles of the foglights is a trigger to some function on the foglights so if you want to change the headlights you will need to unplug the foglights (pull a fuse?) and then do the headlights.

On their normal headlight modulator, turning the high beams on and off quickly four times puts the modulator in the mode for halogen bulbs; eight times is the mode for LED bulbs. During this evolution the daylight sensor must be covered and after the procedure the lights blink (not modulate) either four times or eight times respectively for confirmation. The unit for the 2018 bike might be different.

Usually there is no need to adjust sensitivity. I'm also thinking the sensitivity adjustment should not be made at 8:00 in bright sunshine. If I remember correctly, you should do this in the level of light where you want to daylight senor to turn the modulator on/off. IMHO this should be like half an hour before sunrise or half an hour after sunset or thereabouts.

Kisan customer service is very good. Send them an e-mail and they'll help you thru this.

BTW If I read this right, you will have modulated high beams and modulated fog lights but they will not be operating at the same time (fogs off when highs on). Very cagey (pun intended).

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
Mr. Hairball. Thank you for your information. Here is what happened:

Well I did as you suggested and I may have a conflict between the cambus interfaces between the pathBlazer and my Socalmotorgear fog lights.

When I flicked the high/low switch three times my fog lights (which have a strobing function - turned on) and started strobing instead of the headlights.

I will test this by pulling the seat and disconnecting the fog light Socal harness connections, and then activate the pathBlazer to see if the it will initialize. If it does then I will contact Kisan and Socalmotorgear about the conflict and any suggested solution or to see if I missed something.

I know Cruiseman and others have installed these fog lights and should know about this if it is in fact the case.

Regarding your suggestion, the book I have addresses the Sensitivity Programming on the last page. The only reference I see in the book regarding the 3 flicks of he high/low is page 24 "if your bike allows the hi-beam only with the engine running you may have to start the bike in low-beam and then flick to hi-beam (3) times quickly". The Goldwing does allow high beam without the engine running.

Nothing elsewhere on the new Goldwing install instructions on pages 10 and 11 with nothing about 3 flickers other than Sensitivity Programming on page 24. As you mention if one did not want to adjust the Sensitivity Programming then the default would have been chosen by the programming and the headlights should have modulated immediately.

So, three flicks gets me strobing fog light and nothing on the headlights. My fog lamp switch also strobes the foglight when ignition is turned on and the switch is pushed three times rather than the required 5 times.

Working the problem.

Again thank you for your quick response.

First of all good luck. As far as using Cruiseman for anything other than pure entertainment or putting on chrome I wouldn't. He is out for one thing & that is promoting his weak website. His videos always push what ever product he got paid to promote. The CANBUS system is complicated & not designed with every aftermarket Chinese manufacturer on the block. My suggestion is to trust people like Traxxion, Electrical Connection & Rivco because the rest are mostly untested when it comes to compatibility with the Honda CANBUS system

·
Registered
791 Posts
Were you able to resolve your problem?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Very interested in the your resolution. Even though I have a 2015 I am now in a similar boat.

Using Kisan PathBlazer and replacement LED bulbs from Electrical Connection and SoCalMotoGear (first tried with EC then swapped to SCMG to see if there was a difference; no change).

Master side won't modulate but slave side does. Complete new setup from Kisan. No change.

Also when slave side is modulating my daytime running lights (not foglights) go out.

When verifying the LED setting of the Kisan using the eight clicks method, the DRL start turning off when the highs are turned on. These are not on the same circuit.

Waiting for latest update from Kisan.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So, I finally resolved the problem I called Andy at Kisan Electronics. Really nice man and very helpful. He walked me through the install procedures which he said-on the new GW-are the simplest of all installs. Well, he thought it was a defective light sensor wire as the headlight low and high beam worked but did not modulate. So he kindly sent me a new sensor wire but the unit still did not work.

He then said he would send me a new unit with a return prepaid label for return of the old modulator. I plugged the new on in, and WALA four flashes indicating initialization and the high beams started modulating. So after all the overthinking, (which I do), it boiled down to a defective unit.

Thank you all for the group think. I'm a safer happy camper.

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I installed the modulator. It is just OK. I expected all lights to modulate. I have the bottom lights modulating with the top lights not modulating. Kisan has told me this is by design for the 2018+ models

·
Registered
942 Posts
I have used this without issues for over a year. I modulate high beams and simple flick to high beam when I approach intersections and cars on side roads. I do not modulate all r
The time. Works for me imho

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have mine on even when I am the only person on the road.

Reactions: laen

·
Registered
791 Posts
Very interested in the your resolution. Even though I have a 2015 I am now in a similar boat.

Using Kisan PathBlazer and replacement LED bulbs from Electrical Connection and SoCalMotoGear (first tried with EC then swapped to SCMG to see if there was a difference; no change).

Master side won't modulate but slave side does. Complete new setup from Kisan. No change.

Also when slave side is modulating my daytime running lights (not foglights) go out.

When verifying the LED setting of the Kisan using the eight clicks method, the DRL start turning off when the highs are turned on. These are not on the same circuit.

Waiting for latest update from Kisan.
No I don't have the 2018 but wanted to close the loop on my problem in case someone is searching the forum. A few back and forth e-mails with Andy at Kisan. They finally found something on their test setup and were able to make a change to their software. So my third unit from Kisan is now working properly with my EC LED high beam headlight bulbs.

Reactions: GLblinded

·
Registered
212 Posts
I just installed the pathblazer on my 2018 Non-tour. I can't seem to find any instructions for where to install the sensor permanently. Cruiseman said that he would be posting another video on that, but can't seem to find it. Has anyone seen a good video or instructions for the location of this sensor?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I ordered the ‘new’ version of the Kisan TailBlazer. The T50W-GL. It was just released & it looks very effective!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the ‘new’ version of the Kisan TailBlazer. The T50W-GL. It was just released & it looks very effective!
i just installed the T50W-GL and am very pleased with the easy install and the look of the modulating brake lights. Had to wait a couple of weeks for delivery as they sold out of the first batch quickly,

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
That is great news! I ordered directly from Kisan. They re-designed the Tailblazer so all 4 lights would flash, instead of just two. Much more effective . . .

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
First of all good luck. As far as using Cruiseman for anything other than pure entertainment or putting on chrome I wouldn't. He is out for one thing & that is promoting his weak website. His videos always push what ever product he got paid to promote. The CANBUS system is complicated & not designed with every aftermarket Chinese manufacturer on the block. My suggestion is to trust people like Traxxion, Electrical Connection & Rivco because the rest are mostly untested when it comes to compatibility with the Honda CANBUS system
dont be a hater. life is too short.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I just installed the pathblazer on my 2018 Non-tour. I can't seem to find any instructions for where to install the sensor permanently. Cruiseman said that he would be posting another video on that, but can't seem to find it. Has anyone seen a good video or instructions for the location of this sensor?
I have my sensor tie-wrapped to the front brake line at the reservoir.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts