GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,I have a 2002 1800 Goldwing with a CSC CobraXL conversion.My poblem is that I am losing the use of my left foot.I have been looking at the Kliktronic shifter system.Any advice would be most welcome,a picture of one installed would be great.Thanks.

·
IronMan
17,546 Posts
check with wheels on forum - not sure what he has but sure he can give you advice .

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Jimbo
The Klictronic is, as I am sure you know, made in your country. As I understand it, we only have one distributor here in the States for this. I have attached a picture of what one looks like in a Goldwing.

I also have attached a link to Pingel Electric Shifters that does the same thing. The link should take you to a video that will show you how it operates, and basically how the Klictronic should/will as well.

I have been using a Pingel for over 175,000 miles of MC riding and it has served me well. I also know that many have used and enjoyed the Klictronic as well. Hope this helps and send me a PM if I can be of any help.

http://www.pingelcnc.com/pingelonline/video_goldwing.htm

·
Registered
454 Posts
Jimbo I have the Klictronic and it works really good no problems here. Friend of mine put his on himself and has had no trouble. I know wheels has the other one and has no or very little problem I think both work well. Good luck.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Jimbo I have the Klictronic and it works really good no problems here. Friend of mine put his on himself and has had no trouble. I know wheels has the other one and has no or very little problem I think both work well. Good luck.
Hey Phil, do you know who is handling the Klictronic now here in the States? I thought I heard that Gail was not handling any of this any longer? Also, I was wondering. What is the overall length of the shifter solenoid? Just the chromed enclosure part. I want to compare that to the Pingel to see if one has a longer "throw" then the other. Hope all is well with you buddy and look forward to catching up. We need to get you down to Kerrville with us.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Don't know if Gail is still in business or not her web site is still up and running about the length as soon as the snow melts enough that I can get to the trike I will measure and let you know. We will be in N. C. for sure. Take care my friend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts