GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just bought the new all black wing and joined the forum. Love the look of the KW so I bought the dark smoke to match
the whole black thing that Honda has going on. The shield arrived and before i mount it and void the option for refund I was wondering if
anyone has one and thinks its too dark for all riding conditions. I don't typically ride at night. Even when touring.

Mike - Denver CO

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Hey guys. Just bought the new all black wing and joined the forum. Love the look of the KW so I bought the dark smoke to match
the whole black thing that Honda has going on. The shield arrived and before i mount it and void the option for refund I was wondering if
anyone has one and thinks its too dark for all riding conditions. I don't typically ride at night. Even when touring.

Mike - Denver CO
Is it low enough that you can see right in front of the bike? I have had dark screens on my C-14 and I did not like my visibility being blocked right in front of the bike.... even 50 feet. And it is s not that tall either. Would definitely look nice. Oh yeah... Welcome to the board!!!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Always the chance you will get caught out after dark.

Got caught out years ago on a bike that didn't have a windshield and only
had a tinted helmet shield with me.
Rough ride home when you can't see very well.

Barney

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Installed - Pic

I decided to install the shield. Looks great on the bike. Attaching the pic. Took a short ride and think that in its lowest position
I get more turbulence on the top of my head but nothing terrible. The curves in the glass bends the look at the ground in front
of you but as Chris pointed out you look over the windshield most of the time... I will keep it on for putting around town but
will tour with the stock shield.

Mike IMG-20140628-00145.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
klock werks - verdict

:? So.. Took the klock wrerks back off for a 3 day trip with my wife and found the stock windshield is much better...
No road distortion when looking through the shield and the vent is a real plus.

Put it back on today and found that the biggest problem at highway speeds is the wind falls of the side of the shield
and beats away at my ear drums. I wear a 1/2 shell cruiser type helmet. Ear plugs will help.
The shield is better in the higher positions but does not work as good as stock.

The shield wins the cool factor. I would not take it on a long trip but it will be present on the bike
for the Sturgis Rally in August. It works fine for most mountain riding and I do like seeing 4" over the top
without wind hitting me in the face.

Recommendation - Save the $250.00....

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts