GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not for sure which day or time yet . I know a few of ya said you would like to meet him . This is your chance . I will keep ya posted as to when later this week. Friday evening or Saturday . Planning a 24 notice RTE most likely will be impossible . But thinking one may be nice to do . Close to Marshfield or on his way back out of Wi . I just gotta play it by ear till he is rolling out of Texas at min. :thumbup:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
It will obviously be a timing thing.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
As long as you guys are finished playing in the snow for the time being,,,, I expect...HOPE to be real darn close to Marshfield Friday evening ( 2661 miles). Departing Maryland Wed. morning, be within a couple of hundred miles of Beaumont Texas wed. nite. Pick up his toy Thursday morning. Head North until I either start seeing snow or a Darth Vader helmet. If anyone can recommend a safe cheap hotel somewhere near the halfway point between Beaumont and Marshfield, appreciate it. Normally I don't worry too much, but would hate to have to unload his toy and bring it in the hotel room with me.
Planning to rest up with an over niter in Marshfield and head out sometime Saturday.
Tentatively stopping in someplace called Franklin Ohio. another member has asked for help transporting his KZ440 to his sisters house in Pennsylvania.
Have to be back on evenings by Tuesday

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
:roll::roll::roll: ABOUT 100 + ARE GOING TO MEET HIM AT TEXAS LINE AFTER HE PICKS UP BIKE AND ALL GONNA GET A TURN TESTING OUT RAILS " NEW " RIDE . SHOULD BE FUN :excited:;);)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
We certainly wouldn't want Rail to have any problems with it so please test it well.

I am sure Rail would approve any of these QC tests that you can accomplish before he received it.

Will a CT fit?
Does it wheelie?
Can stoppies be done?
Fuel capacity?
How long will it run with no oil?
How much stuff can you load on the luggage rack?
Weight capacity?

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
386 Posts
We certainly wouldn't want Rail to have any problems with it so please test it well.

I am sure Rail would approve any of these QC tests that you can accomplish before he received it.

Will a CT fit?
Does it wheelie?
Can stoppies be done?
Fuel capacity?
How long will it run with no oil?
How much stuff can you load on the luggage rack?
Weight capacity?

Any other ideas?

Well

l you have to test Top speed.....

How many cars will it jump?

How much faster can "We" make it go?.......

Will it go faster if we make it lighter by removing not needed parts?

Will a Goldwing seat fit?

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Hmmm at this rate,, I will end up showing up at Rails front step with a valve stem.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Hmmm at this rate,, I will end up showing up at Rails front step with a valve stem.
Pack your rain gear

Rain all week and barely 50 for highs all week, but of course still about freezing at night

Enjoy your Wisconsin adventure

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Pack your rain gear

Rain all week and barely 50 for highs all week, but of course still about freezing at night

Enjoy your Wisconsin adventure
GEE thanks!!

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Lets see:::: snow shoes ,,CHECK
REAR SNOW TIRE CHECK
HEATED GEAR CHECK
SIGNAL FLARES FOR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS HECK

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I think you will be fine. I heard Randy has informed the county crews in seven counties to be sure to plow if it snows and salt heavily so that a friend from Maryland can make it here. He says he can talk anyone into or out of anything given time and motive.

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you will be fine. I heard Randy has informed the county crews in seven counties to be sure to plow if it snows and salt heavily so that a friend from Maryland can make it here. He says he can talk anyone into or out of anything given time and motive.
Fact

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lets see:::: snow shoes ,,CHECK
REAR SNOW TIRE CHECK
HEATED GEAR CHECK
SIGNAL FLARES FOR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS HECK
71 degrees here right now , sun out , and breezy .
Again you will be fine . Don't let the girls scare ya .:twisted:

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
71 degrees here right now , sun out , and breezy .
Again you will be fine . Don't let the girls scare ya .:twisted:
yeah but weather.com looks like crap for this coming week,, i repacked my weater bag,, gerbings and two rain suits and bringing mybest ridng boots

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah but weather.com looks like crap for this coming week,, i repacked my weater bag,, gerbings and two rain suits and bringing mybest ridng boots
Oh it's going to rain at some point for ya no doubt .

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
I DID FIND A HOTEL ON PRICELINE IN MARION ARKANSAS FOR 35.00 A NIGHT.. and it is about halfway there from Beaumont best price down to texas is about 55.00 so far.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
Oh it's going to rain at some point for ya no doubt .
Rain NP..just don't ant t have to pull over and start with the sheet metal screws

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
168 Posts
I DID FIND A HOTEL ON PRICELINE IN MARION ARKANSAS FOR 35.00 A NIGHT.. and it is about halfway there from Beaumont best price down to texas is about 55.00 so far.
Meesh and I stayed in that $35 motel. Nice place. We had to share the room with 6 migrant fruit pickers. Once they passed out at 10PM with their cervesas, it was quiet till 4 AM, till they had to hit the fields.....LOL

The little swimming pool was filled with these large Gold & White colored fish....LOL

Bulldog

1 - 20 of 96 Posts