GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Saw one in a demo. Salesman did say it worked well for a small area. I asked about have much ice it used over a 12 hour period and he said 15 to 20 pounds at 80 degrees Farenheit. Decided I didn't wish to invest in stock in an ice house. I recommend just buying a small 110 AC unit. If your without plug in power, invest in a small 2000 watt Honda generator to run your AC.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Saw one in a demo. Salesman did say it worked well for a small area. I asked about have much ice it used over a 12 hour period and he said 15 to 20 pounds at 80 degrees Farenheit. Decided I didn't wish to invest in stock in an ice house. I recommend just buying a small 110 AC unit. If your without plug in power, invest in a small 2000 watt Honda generator to run your AC.
Amen!!!

Let me see here: with my limited math,,,:oops:

25qt cooler if you don't have one
Large 55 qt cooler to hold and store the ice for about a day and half ( maybe in the TX 103+ temps)
would cost in the area of about $55 bucks give or take, and then you are out of room in the camper. You surly don't want to keep the big storage cooler out in the sun,,,,,,, ;)
Then for future trips the cost of that much ice, and not to mention getting it back to a camp site.

For $95 bucks you can get a 5000BTU AC at Wally World, that will keep ya in a swetter in that camper... But requires a camping spot with electrical...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses. I thought it would be a little too good to be true but no harm in asking.

Been looking at installing an AC in my camper but haven't figured out where to put it. Mine is not as big as most of your campers so I'm a bit limited. Oh well....cool weather is just around the corner...longggggggggggggggggggg corner.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts