GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there looking fpr a Kromew Werks backrest? Fits my 2001 gl1800. I beleive it will fit 20o1 any 1001 to 2010 gl1800. Backresr is in very good condtion. I like the backrest but I find it cumbersome gettin on and off the bike with backrest installed. I am 71 and not quite as nimble as I use to be.

Asking $25 plus sgupping. I will ship UPS ground. Or if you are in the Sacramento area come on by. We can install in 10 minutes. Installation is very simple. Just remove passenger hand grips, position backrest, and reinstall passenger hand grips.

Wil
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Car Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Cap Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Cap Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
174 Posts
Assume it uses stock seat bolts and comes with everything needed to install? If so, unless shipping ridiculous to 35213, I will take it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assume it uses stock seat bolts and comes with everything needed to install? If so, unless shipping ridiculous to 35213, I will take it.
Yes backrest does use stock seat blts. I will check out shipping with UPS tomorrow and contact you directly..

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Actually, no, this backrest does NOT use the stock seat bolts. They need to be longer by about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Mine came with longer bolts when I bought it sometime in 2002/3. I have been moving it from bike to bike and now on my 2010.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The backrest was on the motorcycle when i bought the bike a couple of years ago. I am surprised to learn longer then stock bolts are required. But regardless, the allen bolts used to hold the passenger grips & backrest on are M8 x 1.25. They are approximately 80 mm in lenght.

Tool Rectangle Cylinder Measuring instrument Temperature

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Stock seat bolts are m8X70 which comes out to 2.75" in length.
That one ends up being m8X76.

·
IronMan
18,734 Posts
I BUY N SELL THESE AND "NEVER" HAD ISSUE USING STOCK BOLTS ! BOLTS ARE PLENTY LONG ENOUGH STOCK AND YA LOSE APPRX 1/4 INCH YOUR CALL / YOUR BIKE

Reactions: CAWing

·
Registered
8,360 Posts
I BUY N SELL THESE AND "NEVER" HAD ISSUE USING STOCK BOLTS ! BOLTS ARE PLENTY LONG ENOUGH STOCK AND YA LOSE APPRX 1/4 INCH YOUR CALL / YOUR BIKE
I've used that same backrest on my '01 and then transferred it to my current '04 for over 250,000 smiles and never had a problem using the OEM grab handle bolts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went to the local UPS store today to check on shipping from Sacramento to ZIP 35213. The backrest is a little ackward to ship even when partially disassemble. Need a box around 24 x 20 x 6 or so. Weight is about 10lbs. I was quotedt $95 for UPS store to pack and ship. I am still in sticker shock. I then checked UPS online and got a shipping cost closer to $60. Still seems like too much. But I think that is as good as it gets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts