GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new BikeMp3 V3 when they first came out on the super deal price. I had been having some intermittent problem with the J&M on my '02 Wing. Nothing real serious, just a PITA locking up at times. I'd have to stop, get off and pull the plug and plug it back in. Nothing else would clear it. Strange though, the same unit works fine on the '08. Something to do with the earlier radio in 01-05's I think. Installed the BikeMP3 V3 as soon as I got it and have had NOT ONE problem with it. Happy camper....

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have installed the same unit but for some reason It will not load tunes that I have ripped form my cd collection.
I can only load tunes that I down load from torrent.
It is probably something that I am doing wrong but I don't know what?
Got any ideas as to why?
Paul

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Got the new BikeMp3 V3 when they first came out on the super deal price. I had been having some intermittent problem with the J&M on my '02 Wing. Nothing real serious, just a PITA locking up at times. I'd have to stop, get off and pull the plug and plug it back in. Nothing else would clear it. Strange though, the same unit works fine on the '08. Something to do with the earlier radio in 01-05's I think. Installed the BikeMP3 V3 as soon as I got it and have had NOT ONE problem with it. Happy camper....
My experience was the same as yours. J&M first - no joy. Then the bikemp3 unit and all is good.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I have installed the same unit but for some reason It will not load tunes that I have ripped form my cd collection.
I can only load tunes that I down load from torrent.
It is probably something that I am doing wrong but I don't know what?
Got any ideas as to why?
Paul
Paul,

By ripping do you mean you selected songs from different cds and then uploaded them to the memory media for the mp3 player?

You have to CONVERT your songs from cda to mp3 format for the mp3 player to play music from the cd songs.

I have converted about 700 cds I have on the shelf and they play just fine on my mp3 unit.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts

So wanna sell your J&M I have an 08 so it should work?? willing to try for the right price

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Paul,

By ripping do you mean you selected songs from different cds and then uploaded them to the memory media for the mp3 player?

You have to CONVERT your songs from cda to mp3 format for the mp3 player to play music from the cd songs.

I have converted about 700 cds I have on the shelf and they play just fine on my mp3 unit.
Dan
Thanks for the info.
I had missed your reply
What I meant was I downloaded all the tunes onto my computer from my CDs.
But I don't understand "You have to CONVERT your songs from cda to mp3 format for the mp3 player to play music from the cd songs"
or how to do this.
I will have to save your info and try and get someone around here to explain it to me.
Paul

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan
Thanks for the info.
I had missed your reply
What I meant was I downloaded all the tunes onto my computer from my CDs.
But I don't understand "You have to CONVERT your songs from cda to mp3 format for the mp3 player to play music from the cd songs"
or how to do this.
I will have to save your info and try and get someone around here to explain it to me.
Paul
Paul, You need to get or download a software program that will do the conversion. There are some that are free or free to use for a short period. Do an internet search for "cda to mp3 conversion" then pick out some.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So wanna sell your J&M I have an 08 so it should work?? willing to try for the right price
I don't need it. PM me for what you have in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts