GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been as pleased with any vender as I am with Direct Line. Here’s my story…

The wife and I are leaving 9/27/06 for the Black Hills. The weather is predicted to be excellent, no rain, but a little chilly. I decide at the last minute that sweetie needs a new coat for the trip. I have a Honda Millennium Gold Wing Jacket and she wanted one to match mine. I called Direct Line and they had what we wanted. But in order to have it for our trip it had to be here before we left on Wednesday.

Now understand this is Monday. I thought “good luck”. I talked to young lady in parts named Karen. What a nice person. I decided that $70 was a little steep for UPS overnight. So I thanked her and forgot it. Sweetie was disappointed so...I called Karen again and asked if it were possible for their supplier to drop-ship and hold at UPS Customer Service in Wichita. If it were to be delivered it would arrive too late.

Karen checked with their supplier. I called her back again and it was a done deal. I had it shipped 2nd day and I planned to pick up the morning we were leaving. My fingers were crossed.

I checked the tracking number today, Tuesday, and lo-and-behold it was already at the UPS Center, one day early. I ran down and got it and we now have a new coat.

I want to pass along my sincere thanks to all who took part in this fiasco, and particular the nice lady named Karen in parts for her patients in answering my many calls. Never once did she indicate that I was an imposition. KUDOS!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)

Good for y'all and have a safe trip. :wink:

I've had dealings with Karen in the past, sharp young lady, good at her job and nice voice :wink: . Everytime I order something I do the call up and check ahead thing, she seems to be who I get, lucky me, but when the wife does it something seems to happen. She gets the courtious service and all but she always picks the stuff Hal's folks don't have in stock at any of the locations. So we play the backorder thing which really isn't a big deal but lettin' the wife order stuff could become a thing of the past. :roll: :lol:
Kudos to Karen I always get fixed up, Hal throw something nice her way, I think she told me she rides, hook the young lady up with something nice, charge it to one of the chromer guys and they'll never notice the charge!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

:flg:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was just about to open a "kudos to Hal and company" message when I saw this, so I'll just keep this one going. Last night I installed my Tulsa Belly Pan that my parents bought me for my birthday. I gave the link to your site to my 74 year old mother (who knows almost nothing about motorcycles) and although I explained what it was, and why I wanted it, I could tell that my parents were a little lost with this gift request. I figured my mother would just have my wife take care of ordering it, but lo and behold, she made the call, gave the description of what she wanted, and you had the pan to my house in less than 4 days. You treated her with respect and courtesy and made the whole process so smooth to the point where she had to make sure she told me how easy and pleasant the experience was.

Thanks for the great customer service (and the belly pan too)!!!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I agree, great crowd there. I decided I'd like to have a pair of the Kuryakyn air wings for better comfort after recent hip surgery. I called Monday and explained it would be great if I could have them by Thursday so I could install them for Wingstock. They said "no problem I'll ship them out today". I had them in my hands Wed. and on the bike Wed. nite! I can't wait to try them out this weekend. Also I'd like to thank the 2 Goldwingers at WOTS who let me sit on their 1800s with air wings on them before I ordered.

Steve

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hal and Lamont are the best guys on the internet. I have never met them but they sure do seem nice. I have ordered stuff and am very happy with my gold wing. I am not a blinger, so I prolly won't order any chrome for my gold wing, but I order tires and polish and am happy they work on the gold wing. Thank you Hal and Lamont for being on the internet :yes1:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
They do a great job! I ordered four items and the total order was over $100.00. Wouldn't you know, two items were shipped on one shipment and the other two were also shipped seperately and this was done to get them to me as quickly as possible. Simply put they sent three packages to me at no cost to me. You can't beat that service.

Since two items were additions to my wife's VTX for a trip next month I really appreciated their quick shipping.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts