GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently posted a question about the installation of my Kennedy GPSet on this and another GW board. Within minutes I had a personal reply from one Kennedy employee and a phone call from another with the information!! :)

Now that is customer service. What a great group of folks.

A very sincere "THANK YOU!"

Michael

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I second your emotion...LOL

All the folks at Kennedy are top notch.

That being said, I hope the call me Monday and ask me how many cell sets I want for the Garmin 2610?

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
one of my buddies got a cellset for his 1500 for Christmas.He can't make it work with his Nokia phone or my Motorola phone.Both are fairly new phones.
He has made several email exchanges with Kennedy trying to find out exactly which phone is compatible and he keeps getting a runaround.
They have advised him to try different phones,but won't give any advice as to which phone.

Too bad he's not getting the same quality customer service that others have received.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jeff,

If I am not mistaking, they have a list of known phones that it will work with on the web site. I also believe that they have some kind of disclaimer that essentially says that because new phones are brought out everyday, that it would be impossible to confirm or deny the compatibility of each and every phone from every manufacturer. I think this is reasonable.

But not being with your bud, perhaps he is getting the run around, or perhaps he is looking for satisfaction, when none is available for the specific cause.

Bulldog

·
Registered
619 Posts
I too join the Kudo's to Kennedy's tech people. I bought the Vox set and hadn't installed it for about 6 months because of health problems and then when I did, it didn't work too well. Jon, from Kennedy emailed me and told me what to try and I believe that fixed it. He also said if it didn't, he would refund my $$..... what can u say about service and people like that! We aren't used to that!

bruce aka "the blue trawler"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts