GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago, my Kennedy AuxSwitchSet lost a channel. I was still able to listen to XM, but B****in' Betty wasn't talking to me from my iWay.

Jon Jambor talked me through some troubleshooting to make sure that the problem was in the AuxSwitchSet and not somewhere else, then had me call Kennedy's Customer Service for an RMA number.

I sent the unit back to them and talked to them this last Monday. They had determined that the problem was with the switch, but there were two problems. First, I was out of warrantee. Second, the AuxSwitchSet is obsolete, having been replaced by the AuxSwitchSet 2.

I was ready to write a big check to them, but they sent me a new AuxSwitchSet 2 and the interface cables ($180 +) for $50.

I got the new unit this evening and just plugged everything into the bike, and it all works as advertised. I'll be routing my cables and cleaning everything up tomorrow when I have some sunlight to work with, then taking a quick ride with my best gal.

The bike's handlebars have been torn apart waiting for this part since I arrived home after getting the Traxxion upgrade. So I didn't geta chance to show my beautiful wife how nice the ride is now. I hope that Tammy will be as impressed with it as I have been.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Kennedy

Tom,
They are a great company to deal with. We are going riding Sunday if you and Tammy want to go let me know.

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
good to hear they got u all fixed up

i have a question about that $180 Kennedy thing that lets u listen to your iway or XM, does it let u listen to your XM and then somehow the iway can just over ride the XM to instruct u then switch back to listening to XM without u having to mess with any switches ?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cycledude said:
good to hear they got u all fixed up

i have a question about that $180 Kennedy thing that lets u listen to your iway or XM, does it let u listen to your XM and then somehow the iway can just over ride the XM to instruct u then switch back to listening to XM without u having to mess with any switches ?
The AuxSwitchSet ( http://www.cellset.com/AuxSwitchSet2.html ) let's you connect two audio inputs into the auxilliary input of your GL1800's audio system. One of the inputs is "Primary" and the other is "Secondary."

As you ride, you'll be listening to the "Secondary" input, until the "Primary" has an audio signal. In my case, I listen to the XM radio on my Secondary input, until the Primary input (my Iway) has an alert. At that time, the secondary input is interrupted and the primary does its thing. After the primary input is done, the audio is switched back to the secondary input. This will work with any audio inputs (Sat Radio, GPS, MP3 Player, etc.)

The AuxSwitchSet2 also has power connectors available. Give them a call at 800-287-7033 or 316-776-1111 and they'll set everything up the way you need it. You can also contact our own expert on everything electric on the wing, Jon at http://www.goldwinggadgets.com/ and he can set you up right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts