GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to let everyone here know what a stand up guy LarryM is.
I contacted Larry and sent him my radio from my 01 1800 for him to do his magic upgrade along with a money order.
I received an e-mail from Larry yesterday telling me he had bad news / good news. My radio already had the bigger amp, so would not benefit from his work, but he did find some other minor problems such as bulbs out, dirt, etc, which he replaced.
He also said he was returning my check since he couldn't do the work we agreed to. I sent him a reply telling him to return the radio, cash the check and take what he felt was a fair amount for his time and trouble and return the balance to me.
Larry replied that the radio is on the way and my check will follow for the full amount. His business relies almost entirely on word of mouth and he want everyone to be happy. I know I am and just wanted to let everyone know how I was treated. Ride safe everyone and thanks again, LarryM

·
Registered
469 Posts
:tongue: As I read this, it seems he 'replaced' the dirt in your radio? Way to go, LarryM!! :tongue:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
larrym

Yea, right, Oakie. New, fresh dirt is WAY better than that old cruddy, dirty dirt. Sheeeesh, picky, picky:wrong:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I will have to :agree: about LarryM. :thumbup:

He recently did the upgrade to my radio and also explained to me that he does other PM/minor repair as part of the job. One thing he apparently does is check/fix the grounds in the radio. This has apparently reduced or eliminated the feedback I get through my speakers when TXing on the CB. I will find out today whether that is true, since I will be riding with a friend of mine today.

Thank you, LarryM! :yes1: :yes1:

Andy

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
:tongue: As I read this, it seems he 'replaced' the dirt in your radio? Way to go, LarryM!! :tongue:
I don't think that quite came out the way he intended.:lol:

He had buttons that were jammed because of a lot of dirt and sand that was wedged in the keyboard. I tore down the keyboard and washed out all the parts, as well as replaced his lamps that were out, replaced a missing compression sleeve for the right hand knob, and did my CB feedback mod.

This problem happened because Gary sent his radio in a couple of days after I switched to my new permanent website. In our conversations, I never asked him what year his bike was, and didn't realize until after I received his radio that I had inadvertently forgotten to publish the page about the issues upgrading 2001 radios.

I felt terrible that Gary had sent me his radio expecting an upgrade, and I couldn't give him one. Fortunately for me, these radios are getting old now, and most of them have numerous little problems that need to be fixed. I felt doing a freebie repair and giving him back a radio that was in top notch condition was the least I could do for him. I wish I could have done more.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Good Job Larry. :thumbup::thumbup:

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,465 Posts
Larry, if you keep that stuff up, the crooks are going to come and get you! :eek:4::joke: Good job! :thumbup:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Good job Larry, honesty pay's off.
A friend, stop't by tonight to pay me for working on her daughters car. I had told her $25.00. She gave me $30.00, a thank you card and a six pack of good beer. The shop wanted $55.00 just for the part after the mark-up.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I will have to :agree: about LarryM. :thumbup:

He recently did the upgrade to my radio and also explained to me that he does other PM/minor repair as part of the job. One thing he apparently does is check/fix the grounds in the radio. This has apparently reduced or eliminated the feedback I get through my speakers when TXing on the CB. I will find out today whether that is true, since I will be riding with a friend of mine today.

Thank you, LarryM! :yes1: :yes1:

Andy
After last Friday’s ride, it is confirmed. The speaker squeal is long gone.!!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Further KUDOS to Larry

I purchased my first Goldwing about a week ago, and since then had been reading avidly, especially this board. I came across the audio upgrade and after reading all the reviews i highly recommend Larry's work and the Polk Upgrade. The difference is night and day, if you are at all skeptical, and qualify (correct bike/radio model) just get it done. You owe it to your wing!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts