GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You think Kuhmo might think there is an untapped market when their distributors are only ordering one tire at a time? When I bought mine locally the salesman ask what kind of car it goes on and my reply was I have idea, I am putting it on a motorcycle.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Not sure if Kumho would see much of that since it would seem most of their distributors would buy in bulk.

I would like to see the sales numbers from Dunlop and Bridgestone for the decrease in rear tire sales for the wing.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Not sure if Kumho would see much of that since it would seem most of their distributors would buy in bulk.

I would like to see the sales numbers from Dunlop and Bridgestone for the decrease in rear tire sales for the wing.
:agree:Its such a small amount of CT's being sold for motorcycles they probably could care less what we are doing with the tires we buy.

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Nope the religion is not that effective.
CAR Tire use on the Wing has no effect whatsoever on marketing. It is such a small thing it would not even be a consideration.

Distributors buy tires in bulk, many at a time. They sell them by full sets or one at a time.

The numbers of tires cut by road hazard and so on far outnumber a few used on a motorcycle.

Like it or not, right or wrong, what it is or is not, go to any bike meet and look at the bikes. One or two will have a CT, the other 100 do not and will not.

Not any effect on marketing that I would see.

I talked to the local engineering at the local tire plant about a good ROF for motorcycles, their answer was there is not enough demand to support the design and cost of manufacture. The trade off in ride comfort and handling is detrimental enough to not be a desired tire for use on a motorcycle. So it is a limited market.

There are a few out there that run a CT that do not even know about this forum, but their numbers are small also.

So the tire manufacturers are not concerned. Not when selling thousands of tires daily.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
And then it begins!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Now there is a real misnomer.
Well that is the opinion of the local Michelin plant. I talk to them every once in awhile.

Go there to jet out a big drain that goes to the waste pond and will ask the question. That is always their answer.

Not enough demand. Waste of time and money, no profit.

Understandable, the name of the game is profit for any business.

I myself understand the handling issues with a C.T. Not willing to give up the balance and performance of a round tire. Not for daily use.

I will put the Pirelli on for cross country and or two up trips. That is only common sense.

Myself I do check the tire, and pressure and do change them out long before they hit the wear bars.

So no fear.

And ya have to admit, lot of it is fear,

So do ya want me to say...........the religion........Lol. Naw, nuff, I will behave.

Kit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts