GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Is a Kumho - Ecsta SPT (KU31) Runflat agood ct for my wing? What does the Ku31 Stand for ? $167.75, free shipping
Thanks
LK

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:thumbup: That be the most popular tire for the wing!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Hi
Is a Kumho - Ecsta SPT (KU31) Runflat agood ct for my wing? What does the Ku31 Stand for ? $167.75, free shipping
Thanks
LK
I've got over 10,000 miles on my and I love it.

I've ridden in all conditions (except snow/ice), at all speeds, and it's just a joy to ride -- mountains, deserts, slab, twisties, temps from 26F to 98F, dry roads, rain, dirt, gravel.

Ku 31 is Kumho's "model" designation for this particular tire.

There are lots of good choices, I chose this one.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi
Thanks
LK
I chose this tire because of recommendations herein and (for me) the safety and peace of mind it being a run flat. And I'm very pleased with it's ride and handling at 32 psi. I'm mostly a touring rider. (KU31) probably just the Kumho tire model designation. Google it and the Kumho Ecsta SPT tire comes up. Check the price with your local Kumho dealer. Mine sold it to me for about $10 less than that and this opened the door for negotiating their mounting it on a mc wheel. P.S. They couldn't balance it being a mc wheel but I arrived prepared with 3oz of Dyna Beads to dump in during mounting. A Centramatic balancer is another option.

·
Administrator
3,784 Posts
It's all I use any more. When I first went dark at 34,000 miles I put on a Continental. At about 50,000 miles I went to the Kumho. Now, at 110,000 miles I'm on my 4th Kumho and see no reason to try anything else.

Glen

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Welcome to the DARKSIDE....... :flg:
Don't forget to get your # an Decal....

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Hi
Thanks
LK

I put one on 2000 miles ago and think its the best. 32 psi = very soft and smooth ride plus great grip in a severe lean through a twistie.

Give a pm or a call to Mark Gaeth, the service manager, at Montana Honda and Marine there in Billings ,visable from the expressway. He put a tire on for me last September and uses car tires on his Wing. Plus he knows how to install a run flat CT correctly without damaging the bead.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
On My 2nd Kuhmo, liked it so much I put a second one on.:thumbup: Highly recommended

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the DARK SIDE:22yikes: My second :bow:Kumho is going on the bike this weekend and love it.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Hi
Thanks
LK

Lynn, like the others I think it is just Kumho's model number and I believe it is called such because it is a Kumho Ultra-high performance tire. Your guess is as good as mine on where the 31 came from. Maybe it took them 31 tries to get it right :lol:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: on finally pulling the triger on the Kuhmo, it should serve you well!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Is this tire the same basic size as the standard Wing tire. My butt is too close to the ground and I don't want the Wing to be any taller.

·
DSI Keeper
9,172 Posts
If your butt is too close to the ground, don't you want to raise it?? :joke:

The 195/55 CT and the 180/60 are so close, I would call them the same. I would also say the diameters between all the tires would have a greater difference than the differences between the CT and MT. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I would wonder if White Gold's butt is too close to the ground, he means when he's standing, that his legs are not as long as he'd prefer. So he doesn't want the bike any higher. If so, rest assured that it would not change a bit and even makes the bike easier to handle at barely rolling speeds like when coming to a stop or just taking off from a stop. Try it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am only 5'6 and I put the Kumho on, it did not change the height on mine enough to notice. It is a great tire.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Like your signature line.

I chose this tire because of recommendations herein and (for me) the safety and peace of mind it being a run flat. And I'm very pleased with it's ride and handling at 32 psi. I'm mostly a touring rider. (KU31) probably just the Kumho tire model designation. Google it and the Kumho Ecsta SPT tire comes up. Check the price with your local Kumho dealer. Mine sold it to me for about $10 less than that and this opened the door for negotiating their mounting it on a mc wheel. P.S. They couldn't balance it being a mc wheel but I arrived prepared with 3oz of Dyna Beads to dump in during mounting. A Centramatic balancer is another option.
GL1800Winger, Like your signature line. Very profound. I may borrow it. Happy Winging!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts