GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike out today to get some seat time and rode backroads,Interstate, and downtown. First Impression? Holy Crap what took me so long. No slips,slides and smooth. The only thing I can fault is slowing at a stop light in rutted road and Rocky had told me what to expect so no biggie but I did notice it. Never felt uneasy at any speed or road. Tried to hit man hole covers and tar snakes and still felt great. My only regret is NOT mounting it on my chrome wheel...Did very tight circles in parking lots and still able to do them. I am SOLD...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: welcome to the Darkside and glad you had an enjoyable shake down run! Though it don't surprise me!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Took the bike out today to get some seat time and rode backroads,Interstate, and downtown. First Impression? Holy Crap what took me so long. No slips,slides and smooth. The only thing I can fault is slowing at a stop light in rutted road and Rocky had told me what to expect so no biggie but I did notice it. Never felt uneasy at any speed or road. Tried to hit man hole covers and tar snakes and still felt great. My only regret is NOT mounting it on my chrome wheel...Did very tight circles in parking lots and still able to do them. I am SOLD...
Hard to believe that it could be this good, eh?

It's like we keep telling the naysayers: if you stop listening to all the uninformed 'opinions' and try one, you might be surprised...

Congratulations and welcome to the family!

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
:congrats: it is a great ride.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:congrats: on having the kajones to try the evil Darkside. Every mile justs gets better and better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts