GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
Well it's time to remove my 1st Kumho and install the new Kumho.
How does 22,534 miles sound?:22yikes: Yep ! It's down to the wear bars.
A Combination of 2 up, and trailer towing. probably 70.5% Solo
I have really enjoyed this tire:thumbup:

David
HondaMortch

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
IronMan
17,672 Posts
AND YOU DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO USE YOUR FIRE SUIT :congrats:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Howdy,

I have really enjoyed this tire:thumbup:

David
HondaMortch
Outstanding!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Howdy,
HondaMortch - Great mileage report. What type of riding do you usually do? Mainly super slab, twisties, one-up, two-up, pulling a trailer, combination of all of the above? May help others figure out what type of mileage they may get using the same tire and similar driving conditions.

Ride On!

Smitty

·
Registered
814 Posts
I put 12K on mine and it was just about worn out. I could have gone a few thousand more but have a trip planned with my wife in a couple of weeks so I put on another Kumho. I noticed it wore in the middle more than the sides and I have had 34psi in most of the time so will be going to 32psi and see how it wears. I am a little disappointed that it didn't last longer like yours, but its mostly due to my throttle hand, no problem with the tire handling, etc.

Most of my riding is in the North GA mountains, I do use my throttle quite a bit so not a "cruiser". Some riding 2 up a couple of trips with my wife but not all the time.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
No that sounds real good!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
826 Posts
Kumho longevity

One Kumho lasted 17 K miles, another one lasted 27K miles. the former I rode mostly alone and a lot of twisties, the latter mostly 2up and pulling a camper on the super slab. My significant other [wife] has a better control of my throttle hand than I do
Andy

·
Registered
826 Posts
throttle controller

Yep Murgie, and in my ribs.
Andy:joke:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
17,000 (s)miles so far and counting!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Milage report sounds real good. My Kumho has around 14,000 on it with 2 up 99% of the time and about 6-7 grand pulling a trailer. When pulling a trailer we are mostly on super slab. Don't know when I'll need another tire but it will be another Kumho. Miles of smiles, and safety....:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts