GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today when checking my tires, the word ECSTA on my Kumho has worn off the center rib and I'm right at 1000 miles.
Does that seem like it's wearing quick?
I'm not sure how deep that lettering was in the first place, so maybe it's normal.
Guess it doesn't matter, just wondering.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I wore my Kuhmo out in 8000 miles. 32 psi, it was at the wear bars at the center and had cord starting to show on the outer edges. Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wore my Kuhmo out in 8000 miles. 32 psi, it was at the wear bars at the center and had cord starting to show on the outer edges. Your mileage may vary.
I sure hope it goes farther than that.

·
Registered
487 Posts
WOW Thats awfully fast wear.
I will double check mine but think it maybe close to 20,000 miles but I could be delussional. Running at 33 or 34 psi

David

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I R just guessin here. Mine had 6K on it per the man I bought it and the rim from. I have 4K on it and it looks as though it will do another thousand or so. 34PSI for me and hot aggressive road surfaces around here. The center seems to be wearing a bit faster than the sides, but I like 34, so if 10Kish is what I get, so be it.

Enjoy the tire.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
:thumbup:I have 1900 miles on the Kumho and for the last 400 miles have upped to psi to 34 to see what the attraction is and could not feel any difference from the 32 that I have used for the first 1500.

The TPMS, mounted near the key, always shows at least 5 psi more after a few miles, to around 37-39 depending on how hot the road is, so I am going to go back to 32 psi so as not to risk wearing out the center of the tire. I may need the flatter wear some time in the future during heavy rain.

:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
That's close to what I got !! It all depends on your style of riding. Want better wear ?? Slow down in corners,do not accelerate hard off of stop signs, and never ever ride with anybody faster than a sportster. LOL

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
That's close to what I got !!

Oh yeah, well I did the 'storm' ride. Twenty-six psi, 40,000 miles (and still going) with tires filled with sand. Now take that!!!:joke:

This was all done in parade mode with speeds not exceeding 25 mph.:twisted:

Edit: Oops. Forgot to mention. I got 80 mpg too.

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts
Oh yeah, well I did the 'storm' ride. Twenty-six psi, 40,000 miles (and still going) with tires filled with sand. Now take that!!!:joke:

This was all done in parade mode with speeds not exceeding 25 mph.:twisted:
:lol: both hands on the pot stirrer this morning :coffee1: I tried this method once but I nodded off:oops:

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
The one and only I ran...13k, but the final 4100 miles was consumed in approximately 12 days.

Didn't you take the pressure up a bit to try and eliminate some of the real low speed squirm?

·
Premium Member
31,975 Posts

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That's close to what I got !! It all depends on your style of riding. Want better wear ?? Slow down in corners,do not accelerate hard off of stop signs, and never ever ride with anybody faster than a sportster. LOL
I'm living proof of that!:oops::oops::oops:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts