GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checked the tread depth 6/32 all the way across 32psi. 6155 mi
Is this the norm. I think 10/32 depth when new. These were all checked at the wear bars.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
When you say checked at the wear bars does that mean you put your depth gauge on the wear bar, thereby not measuring the additional 2/32 from the wear bar down?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is correct Travelin.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Well, it looks like you have worn off 2/32 in 6000 miles. At that rate you ought to get 24k miles out of that tire and that is pretty good.

Edit: Can't really say what the norm is due to the wide variation of riding styles.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
That sounds good Sully!:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the 10/32 tread depth on a new tire checked at the wear bars or below? I did a search to get 10/32 when new. :shrug:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think it's total tread depth Sully!

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Just got done a while ago spooning on a shiny new Kumho for new Darksider Vettersherps. Man that's a nice looking tread pattern as I said the first time I mounted one for myself!! 10/32 is what it has all the way down. Milage also depends at what point YOU decide it is wore out. Me as soon as it kisses war ( or wear ) bars it's done!!

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Just got done a while ago spooning on a shiny new Kumho for new Darksider Vettersherps. Man that's a nice looking tread pattern as I said the first time I mounted one for myself!! 10/32 is what it has all the way down. Milage also depends at what point YOU decide it is wore out. Me as soon as it kisses war ( or wear ) bars it's done!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys, as TravelinLite said I only wore off 2/32 then. And that had a lot of slab, up to the up with a belly full of cookies and then just returning from the Smokies this past weekend.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts