GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got meter from hals.I tries hooking it up to wire coming out of left storage box.Its not hot d the fufor acessories.It is hot.any suggestion.I couldnt find the hook up in the right locked storage boe. thanks

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
When you decide where to put the meter be sure it is out of your line of vision. It is very bright and needs to be out of the way. I put mine down in the area by the forks I can only see the greens unless I look to the side. If I can't see the green I just have to tilt my head to see how bad it really is.

·
Registered
787 Posts
bnordt said:
When you decide where to put the meter be sure it is out of your line of vision. It is very bright and needs to be out of the way. I put mine down in the area by the forks I can only see the greens unless I look to the side. If I can't see the green I just have to tilt my head to see how bad it really is.
I used a double layer of dark tint static cling window tint to dim the LEDs. A strip of the same material accross the top of a helmet face shield helps with sun glare as well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like the opposite problem I have. I installed the voltmeter and switch comination shown in the photo - didn't install the chrome plate because I did not want anything that would reflect into my face/eyes. The numbers on the LED wash out in the sunlight. Makes it hard to read...

Can't undo it - will have to buy the whole panel and another type of voltmeter...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts