GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put on 2 pairs of covers, one on my bike and one on my wifes, The ones on the wifes bike{2001} they went on great, no problem, mine however,{2002} the holes didn't line up, no matter how I held my tongue or the covers, had to "ream" all the holes so they would fit. Anyone else have this problem? :? :?

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I did not have to ream any holes but I thought as I put them on that they could have been made for a better fit. As I think back on it I put the hidden bolt as I call it on first when I installed the last one and it went on a lot easier. I am referring to the one that fit inside the louver. If a guy got into too big of a hurry he could cross thread some of the bolts. :(

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
had to push a little for the screws to get started. Mine seemed oval a little. Tried to adjust the bottom bracket all the way. Figured somebody just started taking them out of the molds before cooling enough, and they warped a little. OK now.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Lonnie said:
Just put on 2 pairs of covers, one on my bike and one on my wifes, The ones on the wifes bike{2001} they went on great, no problem, mine however,{2002} the holes didn't line up, no matter how I held my tongue or the covers, had to "ream" all the holes so they would fit. Anyone else have this problem? :? :?
HELL YES!!
Took me about 2 hours to get mine installed... man was I mad! Had to remove the bracket on the bottom (the one with the tiny screws) and put it on the bike and then try and line up the screw holes to that.

Looked like it should be a pretty easy job, but the alignment sucked!!
In fact, I now take mine off myself before I take the bike to the shop for tire service, just because I know how big of a pain in the ass it is and don't want anyone rushign the job & tearing it up... any worse than I already have!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
5Ross said:
If a guy got into too big of a hurry he could cross thread some of the bolts. :(
Indeed "he" could :?

·
Registered
380 Posts
I installed the Honda covers on my 2001 and they fit perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts