GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
View attachment 56102 Installing cowl lights and they will not align with the holes in the cowl, both are about 1/4 inch low and 1/2 inch to the outside from being centered in the holes. Installed exactly as per instructions.
Anyone else had a problem with centering these lights ?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lights are at the correct depth but off center. Those are the Kury brackets that came with the lights and the lights were already attached to the mount brackets. I have talked with Kury Tech line and they have no idea why they won't fit correctly. Even tried swaping left & right side but then the lights are high outside rather than low inside.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just seeing this post. Just installed my Kury lights about a week ago, and I have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After a few calls to Kury Tech assistance, they were of no help and would not replace them. So I guess I will have to modify the bracket to get them to align properly. I would advise against purchase of these lights.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Once you modify the bracket they are yours, you can't return them. You should start a dispute with your credit card company. There is absolutely no excuse for selling an item that is suppose to fit your application when in fact it does not. When you buy an accessory for any item, it should fit and work as advertised. You shouldn't be forced to "make it fit". That is wrong, the vendor/company needs to step up and make it right.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Larry There his now, Kury won't exchange them and the dealer where they were purchased wants 35% restocking fee.

·
IronMan
17,461 Posts
time for a lawyer :bow::bow:which vendor did you buy from ?

·
Registered
757 Posts
It does look like they are of decent quality, but obviously the engineers they paid to make the measurements were incompetent. :lol:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Kury Lights

Typical Kury junk. Can not buy parts for their products either, must buy the whole thing just to get a part. Did they come with peeling chrome? If no peeling chrome, you got sort changed more ways than one..................

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm picking up a 2014 this week. It's good to know what fog lights to avoid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts