GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife cannot ride with the Kury backrest in place, just way too uncomfortable for her. And if mama aint happy...
I've seen on this BB that utopia makes a good backrest but my question is, can I use it on an '06 heated seat? Does cutting into the seat to mount the backrest damage the thermal elements in the seat?
If it does, is there another option?
Thanks for all the help!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
The Utopia works fine with heated seats. Included in the package are instructions on how to install with and without heated seats.

You will love it! ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
What 1Percent said. Did mine in June and it was pretty easy...once you got past cutting into the seat. Thanks Ken for the help.
Dennis

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Before installation, make sure you read ALL the instructions (duh!), but more importantly, do a search on this forum for installing the Utopia and see installation tips/tricks from people here and also check out Steve Saunder's web site.

Under his Biker's Workshop, he has instations, tips, and a video on installing the Utopia. Check out Tip 13.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Amen brother! I have to take my Kuryakyn off when my wife rides with me. My riding buddy bought a Utopia for his bike last week and my wife gave it the thumbs up. Going to get one for my bike here soon.

B

·
0 Posts
UTOPIA - I made the cut with the seat on my desk in front of the computer watching the video. Still scary to say the least.

·
Registered
399 Posts
podo I went from a Kury to a Utopia. You will never regret it and momma will love you for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts