GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys and girls, here's my question:

Does anyone make a "riser", for lack of a better term, for my Kury boards? Before long, I will be able to cut paper with them. At 300+ dollars, I'm not to keen on having to replace them.

Basically, I just want to mount them about an inch higher on the bike. It seems as though it wouldn't be to hard to come up with something. I have replaced the little plastic "drag guards" on the bottom of the boards several times.

Maybe even a way to lock them in the up position enough where I could rest my foot on them up.

I've read that pegs don't drag, if you're riding the curves correctly. I'm either proving that theory wrong or I'm worse than I thought I was.

Help me out here>>>

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've had the same problem...big time. I thought about replacing the plastic drag guards with metal. I'm not sure if you could raise the boards as that might cause a problem with the heal/toe shifter. This is a REAL problem with boards if you ride the least bit aggressively. Some folks have chucked the boards...just use the pegs, but with a heal/toe shifter. Right now, I just kind of lift my foot up a bit when the boards start dragging, and then they move up a bit.

My ultimate solution to all of this...and I admit, it IS a little costly, but I'm going to trike the thing at the end of the year. That'll solve that problem!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Here's what I did:
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =827583872
(Kury ISO driver replacemt pegs)
Dump the boards and the heel/toe shifter, these are 1/2 the size of the boards and will not scrape. They are better than the OEM pegs and provide enough surface to be comfortable. I got tired of the scraping and found I was slowing down in the turns just to prevent scraping them.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
blento said:
Here's what I did:
http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/store ... =827583872
(Kury ISO driver replacemt pegs)
Dump the boards and the heel/toe shifter, these are 1/2 the size of the boards and will not scrape. They are better than the OEM pegs and provide enough surface to be comfortable. I got tired of the scraping and found I was slowing down in the turns just to prevent scraping them.
I've got that set up along with Rattlebars' Kick-Shifter and and peg relocator.

They work well, but I do still drag them a bit, but not too bad!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts