GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of a kury cooler rack and would like to know if exhaust turn downs are necessary .Would like NOT to have t/downs if poss.My fear is the cooler will blacken ,melt or more importantly bugger up a cold beer.Hoping the brain trust can shed some light.Thanks

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Don't have the Kury rack but I do have a similar one. No turn downs here and I have had both a canvas rack bag and a cooler on the rack(not at the same time) and have had no problems.:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
without the turn downs, my bags have come off the bike not just hot, but smell like exhaust very badly.

Turndows fixed this issue.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Mine did melt a plastic bag that I had back there with some souvenirs in it. Other than that I had no problems. Have Alleycats now that turns down so no more worries.

oh wait my rack is not a Kury. Um don't think there would be much difference in them unless they Kury sits up higher. Mine sits at the same height as the receiver.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good one Wing Down Under.Had spotted these before but was not aware they turn down.They are now in the bag of options.Thanks.:thumbup:

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Haven't melted anything back there yet, but I have been thinking about getting the turndowns just to try to direct some of the grit away from the cooler, just by changing the airflow patterns. I wouldn't put anything unsealed in the cooler (I put apples in ziplock baggies for instance) just to try to keep from ingesting roadgrime.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for your insight.I think at this stage I will go the way off Trader 1 but a smaller platform to take a smaller eski.The photos were just what was needed to make up my mind.Thanks to all and thanks for the photo's Trader 1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts