GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Kury floorboards on my 1800 and have found a weakness of sorts.

On the outside bottom of the boards there is a piece of hard plastic that is held on by 3 screws. This is to protect the boards from damage should they touch in a corner.

Well, mine touch a bunch and I'm replacing them, at 20 bucks a pop, way too often. I know someone who has a CNC machine and could make them out of a much harder material, say stainless or steel, but he says that it would be too costly to just make a few pairs.

Is there anyone else out there who would want a much harder scuff protector for their boards? If he could sell maybe 50 pair, it might be worth his time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yup..that IS a weakness. I wore mine down quite some time ago and have refused to pay that much to replace them. :x Instead, I'm triking out the bike this month. That'll solve the problem, I tell ya! :wink:

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I SPY said:
Yup..that IS a weakness. I wore mine down quite some time ago and have refused to pay that much to replace them. :x Instead, I'm triking out the bike this month. That'll solve the problem, I tell ya! :wink:
I can't imagine not being able to lay the big girl down in a curve. Enjoy your trike.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the Rivo and they have nothing to protect the bottom from rubbing the pavement. I took the pins out of the foot pegs and added them near the edge of the boards. Just drilled and tapped a hole on each and they rub first. Had the Markland on my 1500 and made a few sets of the wear posts for the bottom on my lathe. Thought about making that same style as well for the Rivco since they are bigger then the OEM screw from the foot pegs. And Deal's Gap proved the home made ones work well too.

·
Vendor
2,334 Posts
I SPY said:
$25 for replacement skid pucks

vs.

$13,000 for trike kit ?????

I am not sure I understand your calculations, Sir....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would be interested in a set or two if you decide to go through with this.

I'll watch the forum for updates.

Thanks;
Gord

1 - 9 of 9 Posts