GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you that have the Kury heel/toe shifter,how do you keep it from wobbling from side to side???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,the shaft is ok.I have tighten it 100 times.I also have used loc-tite on it.Its The large screw that goes thru the back and the heel/toe part goes on it.If you tighten it too much then you kinda have to force it with your heel or toe and it defeats the purpose of it...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Something is wrong. You might call Kury and see if they will exchange it assuming it is a new install. Mine has been on for many miles and many years. I can't remember if there are any washers in there it has been so long ago.

·
Registered
165 Posts
When I got back for at trip through the gold country I noticed mine was wobbling. Took it off when I got home and tighten it up from the back and it works fine now.

Hope this help.:oops:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Mine doesn't wobble -installed it 5 months ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heel/toe

Thanks for all the comments.Let me ask this...when you put the large screw thru the back to hold the shifter on,did it have any kind of washer ?? Mine did not..just the screw...

·
Registered
50 Posts
You are missing a part

there is a bushing that you are missing. It looks sort of like a 1/2 in piece of tub that the bolt goes thru and it in turn takes up the slack between the bold and the other outer parts. Without it there is going to be so much wobble that you will surely miss gears etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Kury heel toe shifter

I have a 01 with hannigan with floorboards can iuse kury. heel shifter and floorboards with hannigan floorbords?
Thanks Harold

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would be afraid to answer that one cause I have a CSC kit and don't know about the clearance on a Hannigan.

·
Registered
140 Posts
shifter

Wow thanks I have the same problem with mine. Have tightened it several times and alway feels a bit lose. It was on the trike when I got it. only had 3,000 miles on it and felt lose then.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I stripped a bolt on mine a few days ago and had to punch it out. But, mine has never wobbled. Like others said, I would return it for a replacement.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shifter

RE: Shifter 4038

FROM
TO:
Have the 4038 Kuryakyn on our trike and it does feel lose. I have checked it and is tight. Not missing any parts. I got this back from Kuryakyn.

Friday, July 8, 2011 12:38 PM

Hello Jack,

That shifter requires a large amount of play to keep from binding up. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thank You!

Wes P. - Customer Care / Technical Support
P: 866-277-9598 x221 - F: 715-247-5007
[email protected] - www.kuryakyn.com

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
RE: Shifter 4038

FROM
TO:
Have the 4038 Kuryakyn on our trike and it does feel lose. I have checked it and is tight. Not missing any parts. I got this back from Kuryakyn.

Friday, July 8, 2011 12:38 PM

Hello Jack,

That shifter requires a large amount of play to keep from binding up. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Thank You!

Wes P. - Customer Care / Technical Support
P: 866-277-9598 x221 - F: 715-247-5007
[email protected] - www.kuryakyn.com

The OP mentioned a wobble from side to side. Kuryakyn mentioned a play which I interpret means a bit of looseness from gear-to-gear. Not from side-to-side.

Mine has play, but not a side wobble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just had mine apart replaced the bushing and there is a washer in between there as well. Mine has no play side to side was a little tight at first but after a few shifts works like new.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Must be my problem no washer in ours. Were is the washer suppose to go?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is on the outside but it should not make a difference on the shifter. I just make sure mine did not bind when I put it back together you can add shims for side to side. You want the play up and down

·
Registered
140 Posts
Shifter

Thanks. I added a washer and it bound up. Think I had to big of a washer. Will try a smaller to fit in the grove a little better.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts