GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new 1800 rider and need some advice. I am 6'5" and my legs feel somewhat cramped due to lack of leg room.

I have read great things about both the Kury hiway pegs and the ****-O-Pegs.

What do some of you advise for somebody with longer legs?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
441 Posts
PHDblue said:
I am a new 1800 rider and need some advice. I am 6'5" and my legs feel somewhat cramped due to lack of leg room.

I have read great things about both the Kury hiway pegs and the ****-O-Pegs.

What do some of you advise for somebody with longer legs?

Many thanks.
I'm 6'4" and use the ****-O-Pegs. I exchanged the blocks for the blocks that keep your feet about 9" above the pavement. While it doesn't let my legs strech out like the others (D block I think) it does allow me to put them in front of me and down some so that I can ride much more comfortably.

I don't know about the Kury's but I really like my ****-O-Pegs!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have both the Kury Iso wings and ****-O-Pegs. I use the ****-O-Pegs much more than the Kurys. I have the KD model and am 6'1" tall. They really do work for me, especialy on the long runs.
:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kury vs Mic-o-pegs

I'm 6'1" and there really is no comparison. I have the model D and really, really like them. I have the Kury's mounted on the vertical bar and left them there, but seldom use them.

Also, there is a quantum difference is customer service. Jim **** is a pleasure to do business with. The folks at Kuryaiken are a bunch of jerks, IMO, that build and inferior product that they do not stand behind. Guess which one I would recommend?

·
Registered
309 Posts
In a nut shell "****-O-Pegs". Best investment i've made for the bike. I have tried every peg available and find the ***** to just work better. I think I have the K/A and now I'm wondering what the difference would be if I changed the block. Damn Danny you got me sideways again.LOL

·
Registered
4,613 Posts

Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 3:11 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey PHDblue,

If you have not looked at this post yet, it shows what I have done to get comfortable using **** O Pegs.

http://64.191.30.178/forums/viewtopic.p ... highlight=

But the best thing is that I just finished the first ride using my new **** O Pegs that are mounted on the vertical bar. Jim sent me some parts to play with and I put together an upper peg that lets me stretch my legs out with no scraping and when my feet come off, it swings back in toward the bike [spring loaded] so it does not stick out. I have a few minor bugs to work out but not a problem. The only problem will be Jim having enough time to make a professional version as mine is makeshift. I will be uploading pictures to this site:

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/show ... 31&cat=500

It's 3:08 EST now and I'm just starting, so come back if they are not up yet.

Dan

Note that in the first picture, you can hardly see the pegs. I am going to like this. At some time, I will post how to put them together as I know it will probably take a long time before Jim can build them.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I'm a bit over 6'-8" tall with a 36 1/2" inseam and a pair of surgically reconstructed knees. I can well relate to the "cramped" feeling you describe on your Wing.

That having been said, I went with ****-O-Pegs. Jim makes three different sizes and the longest one is (I believe) the K/A model. It's a real simple install and should really let you stretch out. Another plus, as someone else already mentioned, is they spring up and out of the way when you're not using them. Pretty slick deal. 8) I'd highly recommend them. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
**** O Pegs

I am 6' 1'' and chose the **** O Pegs after some consideration. I like the riding position. With the ****'s your feet end up a little down and forward. I like that positon instead of up high with other pegs.

I have made a 500 mile trip with them and they comfortable for a distance.

Jim is easy to deal with, give him a call and he will talk to you about pros and cons. If you don't end up liking them, he will take them back. Although you could not pry mine away from me.

JayTex :shock:

·
Registered
185 Posts
**** o

I just got off of the phone with Jim. What a super nice guy! I ordered the KA after discussing the options with him.
I am excited about getting them in later in the week.\

mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts