GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed ISO grips on my 04. Do I need the Throttle Boss? :?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I installed the trhottle boss with my grips and love it. Most of my riding is in groups and the ruise control just doesn't work unless you are the lead bike so the thottle boss gets used almost 90% of the time. No more cramps in the hand after a long ride, just rest my wrist on the boss and adjust the pressure to maintain proper speed. For such a small cost, the thottle boss is well worth it. :lol:

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed a throttle boss on each side. Why should the right hand be treated any better than the left. I like having them on both sides. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Often times when you ride with others you are not able to use the cruise control. I doesn't take long for you hands to cramp. The trottle boss is great for using you palm to control the trottle and give you fingers a break.

Mike
03ILB

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Do you absolutely need the Throttle Boss, probably not, but it's sure great to have and where can you find an accessory addition that looks so good and that you'll come to enjoy for your Wing for only $16.95?

Add it and take our word for it you'll like it.

DaleC

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I installed them on both sides of mine. If you are doing it so both grips look the same, it doesn't really work, because to have the one on the throttle side in the correct position for use, it can't sit in the same as the non throttle side, because the throttle one must be positioned so it is at the right angle for use whe the throttle is twisted.

I use my thottle one quite a bit, because I am a control freak and rarely use the cruise control. So being able to relax my grip is very important. So the Throttle Boss Works great for me!

·
Registered
263 Posts
had it on my last bike and now this one. Look great and works well too.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the replies. I have already installed it and just waiting to get out and see how well it works. :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts