GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my new-to-me 2012, it's time to personalize it a bit. As always, I find the Honda grips are too small. On my 2004 I had Kury ISO grips. However, now that I'm older I'm wondering if the Kury's might be a bit too big for me. I'm thinking about something bigger than the OEM grips, but smaller than the Kury's. Like maybe Grip Puppies. Or something else I haven't thought of. Has anybody else gone through this thought process?
Kury grips --> http://wingstuff.com/products/33245-gloss-black-iso-grips-for-heated-grips
Grip Puppies --> https://www.amazon.ca/Grip-Puppy-Co...ds=grip+puppy&qid=1554744939&s=gateway&sr=8-3

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I like Grip Puppies and use them on my 2010.
The grip heaters even work well through them.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I use Kuryakyn because I like the throttle boss and the grips a little bigger (arthritic hands).

Grip puppies on the Multistrada, there's nothing wrong with them. I prefer the grips a little bigger, but that's not an option on the Ducati.

My requirements are unique to my busted up hands. Grip puppies are cheap and easy to install. Try them then decide if they are what you want.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
222 Posts
eBay has the Grip Puppies for $17, I just bought a set.

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I use Kuryakyn because I like the throttle boss and the grips a little bigger (arthritic hands).

Grip puppies on the Multistrada, there's nothing wrong with them. I prefer the grips a little bigger, but that's not an option on the Ducati.

My requirements are unique to my busted up hands. Grip puppies are cheap and easy to install. Try them then decide if they are what you want.
The foam covers from Shinhopples are a bit thicker (larger grip) than Grip Puppies. I got the Shinhopples first, installed them and they were a bit too thick for me so I got the Grip Puppies instead.

So, if you find Grip Puppies still not thick enough...give Shinhopples a try. They are a great product....just a bit too thick for my taste.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Canuck
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The foam covers from Shinhopples are a bit thicker (larger grip) than Grip Puppies. I got the Shinhopples first, installed them and they were a bit too thick for me so I got the Grip Puppies instead.

So, if you find Grip Puppies still not thick enough...give Shinhopples a try. They are a great product.

Thanks Tisunac. I've dealt with Bulldog and Miche before. Fine people. I'll order a pair of ShinGrips from them.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts

So, if you find Grip Puppies still not thick enough...give Shinhopples a try. They are a great product....just a bit too thick for my taste.

I did not realize that Shin Grips were thicker. They are actually the ones I have always used and I find them to be the perfect size for me.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I didn't know that either. Had Grip Puppies on my Vstrom before and liked them a lot. Than, when I got the Wing, went and bought Shin Grips based on great reviews about their customer service (all true), thinking it'll be the same thing as Grip Puppies....

Installed them...and they felt kinda different. Great quality but... Then I realized they felt too thick for my liking. Ordered the Puppies and compared them - Shin were noticeable thicker, felt more substantial. Took them off, installed Puppies and they are still great (for me) after a couple of years or so....

·
Registered
368 Posts
Grip Puppies. I have them on 3 of my Hondas, and the bikes all feel the same. Just as I hoped for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts