GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im thinking of getting a set of kury mini boards. I would like to see some full bike pics with the boards installed. I wear a size 12 shoe and would like a little extra support under my feet. Don't want the full size boards, not a fan of heel toe shifters. Would like to hear if you like the boards or not, and why.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I used mini boards for both my foot pegs and highway pegs. Had them on for 15,000 miles now, I find them to be very comfortable. The driver foot pegs are the "Premium Mini Boards w/Comfort drop mounts. I wear a size 11.5/12 shoe, and have no trouble getting to the stock shifter. The boards can be mounted at an angle making it more comfortable. They also have three mounting holes front, center back. You can use any one of them to mount the boards allowing for adjustment forward or back, however putting them all the way forward might interfere with access to the stock shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Do the mini boards interfere with your lean angle like the full boards?
Yes, they do drag more than the OEM pegs but not as bad as the full running boards. If you like to lean heavily into the curves, these may not be for you if you don't want to hear the scrape. Some don't mind the scrape and consider that not a showstopper. I don't ride as aggressively as some or lean quite as much and I love them; rarely scrape.

Also, I used to try to get onto my Mick-o-Pegs as quickly as possible, and stayed on them A LOT, but now I'm equally comfortable on either the mini boards or the MOP's. Two thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the good info. Does any one have a pic of the boards installed on the shifter side. Thanks

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I've posted these in other threads on this subject. I wear size 12's and I prefer to keep the mini-boards level and in thier lowest position. I used the DHS Racing Shift Linkage (dhsracing.com/GL-1800.htmRacing) P/N DHS-11252-kit, $35.00, and adjusted the Brake Pedal Linkage. Doing these two things were key to keeping the mini-boards level and also had the side benefit of making the shift lever movement short and more positive feeling. Polishing the Brake Lever isn't required but as long as I had the thing off . . .

View attachment 158521

View attachment 158529

View attachment 158537

·
Registered
489 Posts
I installed them tilted down slightly on my bike, more comfortable for me, with the added bonus of more room for the shifter.

20140209_213427.jpg

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't mind scraping (I was a motor for years) but my GW had full boards when I bought it and when I lean to the left side the kickstand & kickstand extension arm catch. It almost caused me to wreck once when my tires broke loose due the kickstand catching.

I have just required stock peg assemblies, kickstand, & stock shifter to try out on the Death Valley trip (along with my new lower tree & monotubes).

If I like them I want to get something pretty like the Kury mini boards or pegs....maybe with titanium skid pads (sparkle sparkle)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts