Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Honda Steel Brake Rotor Covers

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have the Big Bike chrome front disc rotor covers and they have broken so many times that I am going broke buying JB Weld to glue the tabs back on them.

I think it is time to get something better but have reisted spending the $289 for the steel Honda ones.

Will the Kury plastic covers be any better than the Big Bike? Looks like there are several on the board here that have them. I will have to buy new rings of fire too of course so it coudl get a little expensive.

Appreciatate your input on this

TIA
Mike

·
Registered
19,378 Posts
Neither one. Why would I want to cover a disc that the air helps in cooling the brake rotor? And add weight and pitting poor chrome that does nothing?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laen said:
Neither one. Why would I want to cover a disc that the air helps in cooling the brake rotor? And add weight and pitting poor chrome that does nothing?
Because I want to.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,994 Posts
laen said:
To each his own but really, the Kury rotor covers don't weigh all that much...maybe 3/4's of a pound if that and rotor cooling is not a issue.

I never really liked the rotor covers at first, but after I chromed the wheels the front rotors looked bad against the chrome wheel, so I added the Kury rotor covers with the ring of fire. Two riding seasons now and the Kury rotor covers look like new.... but I do take care of them cleaning them often and alway having a wax coating on them using the Honda spray.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I have had both and my vote is for the Hondaline Metal rotor covers. You can spend $75-$80 for the ABS plastic ones or you can buy quality and buy the metal ones which have triple chrome nickle plating. Which in my opinion will outlast any plastic ones made. They are more expensive initally but in the long run, they are cheaper.

I will buy Hondaline rotor covers again. I shop on Ebay quite a bit and found my last ones for $235 which included shipping. Now that is a good deal.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
My Hondalines have been on 6 years and still look good. And I added the ring of fire lights.

Plastic breaks, steel rusts. Your money. Your choice. Made mine.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Mike S said:
I currently have the Big Bike chrome front disc rotor covers and they have broken so many times that I am going broke buying JB Weld to glue the tabs back on them.

I think it is time to get something better but have reisted spending the $289 for the steel Honda ones.

Will the Kury plastic covers be any better than the Big Bike? Looks like there are several on the board here that have them. I will have to buy new rings of fire too of course so it coudl get a little expensive.

Appreciatate your input on this

TIA
Mike
Mike,
When I first thought about buying rotor covers for my '02 1800 (June 2002) I looked at the Honda covers for $300 then looked at the Kury for about $80. I decided that the plastic won't rust, and if they don't last I can buy 3 sets for what the Honda set costs.

I bought the Kury covers w/ring of fire and installed them. I wrecked the bike in S Dakota (July 2003) and my ins company totaled the bike. I replaced it with an '03 (Sept 2003) and installed the old Kury covers off of the '02. The '02 had 28,000 miles on it when wrecked and the '03 currently has about 42,000 miles.

After over four years and about 70,000 miles the covers are looking a little worn.

I am beginning to look around for new covers and will buy new plastic. There are a couple on the market with built-in ring of fire LEDs and that's the direction that I'm leaning. :wink:

Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts