GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put the new passenger Kuryakyn pegs on their wing. Looking for pictures of them installed and what your thoughts are on them.

Thanks

·
Vendor
17,783 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Goldwingrgreg. I have seen those pix. I am looking for actual side view install shots with the pegs folded up and down.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have em but no pics of em... The wife like the option of flipping the rear part up and forward (kinda makes em like highway boards for the passenger)... I don't much like cause they will not stay turn inward (showing the chrome bottom side) and the rubber pads fall out from time to time... I have not been happy with most of the Kuryakyn products on my bike... I now pronounce Kuryakyn as Pure-crap-again...

O

·
0 Posts
Kury passenger

I have Kury passenger boards with the flip-up pegs coming.....should be here tomorrow.....will send pics and comments once they are installed. I'll have my honey see what she thinks too.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had them for 3 years. no chrome problem at all. the wife likes them alot when we've been on the road for a while. only issue I had was the left side is a little tighter so the wife can't flip it up with her toe while we ride.

I've read all about the problems people have had with the Kur chrome but I've not had any problems at all with their products.

hope this helps

·
UBposting IBchatting
1,018 Posts
I don't have the Kury pegs, but Rich just had these built for me, using his highway pegs off of our wrecked yellow '02 Wing.

I had the Kury Transformer Boards on the yellow bike, but never liked the way they worked. I like these MUCH better! More pictures here: http://gl1800riders.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2088

I think the new Kury pegs would be nice, in addition to these, to get a little more leg room. I just wanted something to relieve the pressure on the backs of my thighs on long trips.

B

·
Registered
239 Posts
We have both the Transformer boards and the new Kury highway pegs for the passenger. My wife loved the transformers when they first came out and now she just loves the new highway pegs for her. We just finished a 5200 mile trip and she said that she didn't think she could have done it without the new one. She hardly ever used the transformers this last trip, but used the new ones all the time. The only problem with them is when comming to a stop and them moving again I hit them with the back of my heal all the time. So I have her put them up when coming into a town or to a stop and then they go back down as soon as we are on the move out of town.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have Kury highway pegs, but haven't put them on yet. The instructions were not real clear and I got frustrated with them. I need to look at another Wing with them so I can see how they are installed.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Somewhere there are two other threads with pictures regarding these Kury passenger.....try a search, I know they have pictures also. :thumbup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have Kury highway pegs, but haven't put them on yet. The instructions were not real clear and I got frustrated with them. I need to look at another Wing with them so I can see how they are installed.

try post number 7 on this thread -- if the same ones you have

·
Registered
479 Posts
we have them and my wife loves them, had the wingleader flipup pegs on our 1500 and she never used them. She uses these all the time

1 - 15 of 15 Posts