GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my '02 it already had Kury trunk and bag led chrome trim on it. When I went out for a short ride this weekend, I noticed the section on the right side of the trunk did not light up. Not being the one to install these lights, I need advice on how to get to the electrical connection and/or remove the trim piece so I can get to the source of the problem. Has anyone put these on their bike and still have the instructions to refer to or have any suggestions where I can get the documentation myself?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jerry,

PM or Email me your address and I can make a copy for you. You might want to check the Kury site. I believe that they have printable instructions for most if not all of their products, thilittle faster.

If I can Help, I will.

Bulldog

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you look inside the trunk you will see that each side of the truck trim is held on by two screws. Remove these screws and the side pieces come off. To remove the back trunk piece you have to remove two screws that are accessable once you take the side pieces off. BE CAREFULL when removing the back piece. You can break the tabs off real easy if you tug too hard. Try to squeeze the trim together to get the tabs to release kind of like you do the the to strips on the faring. (I know, I broke one being over zelous on removing it)

If you got power to the the back trunk lights and the left side you should not have to get to where the main power wire is running as the lights run in series. Check the connection between the right trim and the back trim.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts