GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set on order for my Trike. Since I don't have the rear center panel between the saddlebags, wondered how the wired connector is hooked up for power to the LED molding when I install?:shrug:

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
All of the connections have been moved to up under the tour pac trunk, and or just behind, and under the back of the seat. You will have to probably have to also remove the valance on the bottom of the trunk. I cant remember having any problem installing mine. The connections may even be in the trunk light housing, I cant remember...:shrug:

·
Registered
741 Posts
I had a devil of a time installing mine. Like George said, under the trunk, behind the seat. It is very difficult getting in there. I had to raise the trunk, remove the seat, and struggle to get my small hands in there to plug in that connector. THEN, THEN, it wouldn't work. Tried the other connector, still won't work. Removed it, tried it on my '04 two wheeler, still won't work. Studied the connectors, and decided it cannot work as configured. Called Kury and told them what was up. They didn't believe me but sent another connector to try. It was the same and still would not work.
The plug did not have any return or ground wire. The hot went in but had no where to go. I wish I could remember exactly what I did. I had another connector from a set of stealth lights that I tried and made it work. It seems I had to cut a wire on the connector but I can't remember. Sorry.
Please let me know how you come out. I must have been doing it wrong but I sure can't figure out what.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I have a set on order for my Trike. Since I don't have the rear center panel between the saddlebags, wondered how the wired connector is hooked up for power to the LED molding when I install?:shrug:
Depends on how you want to wire them. If to the running light circuit, you can run them to the front of the trunk on the left side and splice into the wire that runs to the trunk lid for the spoiler running light. Or you can run them down the front of the trunk and splice it to the trailer tail light wire.

If you want them on a separate switch, then I would run the wires down the front left of the trunk and alongside the frame to where you want the switch mounted. Because they are LEDs and draw so little current, you could hook the hot side the switch to the acc wire in front of the left pocket.

I have LEDs in the bottom of my trunk wired both ways - three red strips to the running light circuit, two blue pods to a separate switch on the clutch reservoir.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As George and Roy R. described, found the harness connector up under the tour trunk. I had the same experience as Roy except when I plugged in the supplied harness, everything worked as it was supposed to. The trunk trim serves as both a running light and brake light. Didn't try them outside but in my garage, they are extremely bright. Course won't show up so much in the day light but should make a considerable difference at night. With the recently installed CSC light bar really stands out.

Thanks to all for your guidance.:bow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts